Shortly before kickoff, though, Mili was told that she and her team had been disqualified because she looks like a boy.
An 8-year-old girl was banned from a soccer tournament in Springfield, Nebraska, on June 4 for having a short hair and resembling a boy (video below). She's so good, even though she's only 8, she plays on the 11-year-old roster.
"It's what she likes", he said. "It's what she always wants to do, play soccer", Gerardo Hernandez, Mili's father, said.
This weekend, Mili helped lead her team to the finals of the Springfield Soccer Club Girls Tournament.
So sure was this league president that he not only kicked Mili out of the tournament, but he disqualified her entire team.
"We had a doctor's physical form and it gave a description and it said her age and female, so we showed them that but they wouldn't look at it", said Cruz Hernandez, Mili's brother. Her parents even attempted to remedy the situation by producing Mili's insurance card. "It's what she always wants to do - play soccer".
Phil Mickelson will skip US Open to attend graduation of daughter
Mickelson said Amanda will be attending Brown University ("She's a smart little s--", he said). Phil Mickelson will miss the US Open to attend his daughter's graduation.
Mili's dad Gerardo Hernandez told the news station that his offspring "was in shock", and that "s$3 he was crying after they told us".
Mili said she felt she was treated unfairly. She loves soccer and her short haircut. The officials also disqualified her team.
"Just because I can't play here, there's other tournaments that I can play", she said.
Crying because tournament organizers, thought Mili Hernandez was a boy.
Being booted before the finals was upsetting, but Hernandez said she wouldn't let it keep her down for too long. That wasn't enough and tournament organizers have since stood by the decision, only saying that the team can appeal the disqualification. Her skill on the soccer field? "They made her cry".
- Federal contractor arrested and charged with leaking classified documents to The Intercept
- NY cashier serves Lorde a smoothie, gets invited to Governors Ball
- UK's May and Corbyn questioned by public on TV show
- Walmart begins testing associate delivery service
- Another series of multiple terror attacks in Britain?
- Real will treat 15th European Cup final like a first - Ramos
- How to Watch NBA Finals Golden State vs
- MLB Reduces Bryce Harper's Suspension To Three Games
- Shares in British Airways' parent company tumble
- Apple's Siri Speaker enters production