"Trying to spy on your allies, if you really consider them allies and not vassals, is just indecent".
He warned against making a fuss over the USA exit from the Paris deal and urged to establish conditions for joint work, reports Sputnik news agency.
"It's like saying everything is the Jews' fault", said Putin, who placed the blame for Hillary Clinton's November loss squarely at the feet of the Democratic presidential candidate and members of her party.
Sergei Kislyak's meetings with members of the Trump team have been a focus of the congressional investigation. Jeff Sessions - had with Russian diplomat Sergey Kislyak. "So what? What's he supposed to do, hit up the bars?"
Probes have centered on former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who was sacked three weeks into his tenure after lying about his contact with Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak and former campaign manager Paul Manafort.
Speaking at an economic forum in St. Petersburg, Putin says that the claims contained "nothing concrete, only assumptions".
Election day ahead: Jeremy Corbyn to campaign in Scotland
He added: "Only Labour or the Tories can win this election and voting Labour is the only way to remove Theresa May from office". Mr Corbyn said: "There will be no deals".
Asked about the "fingerprints", IP addresses allegedly belonging to Russian hackers, he said those could have been easily rigged and couldn't stand as credible evidence.
"It is harmful, it brings damage to worldwide relations, the world economy, security issues, fighting terrorism as well", Putin said at a SPIEF plenary session.
At the same time, the Russian president pointed out that "it was possible not to withdraw from the Paris Agreement because it is a framework document so the United States' obligations could have been changed".
"Don't worry, be happy", said Putin.
The former KGB officer also took aim at a favorite Russian target, NATO, asking why the alliance needed such robust defense spending.
Putin also criticised USA eavesdropping on its own allies like Germany, saying such activity inevitably backfired.
"Now we can dump it all on him and American imperialism", Putin said.
- Delhi: IAS officer drowns to death while saving woman's life
- Kushner 'sought secret communication line with Moscow'
- New Poll Shows Americans Remain Strongly Divided Over Impeaching Trump
- G7 communique: Trump agrees to pledge "to fight all forms of protectionism"
- SLO Country honors those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice
- Ariana Grande announces benefit concert in honour of the victims
- Greg Gianforte Apologizes For Body Slamming Reporter After Winning Election
- Doctor in Trump Hotel case released but due back in court
- Pepe Reina Linked With Newcastle Following Benitez Comments
- Player guide for Champions League holder Real Madrid