A week after two men were fatally stabbed on a Portland, Oregon, MAX train for standing up to a white supremacist who was harassing two teenage girls, police are seeking a man suspected of stealing the wedding ring and backpack belonging to one of the victims.
Suspect in theft of property from Ricky Best has been apprehended. The video shows him leaving the train while holding two backpacks - one of which belongs to Best and contained personal items that are important to his family, police said.
According to The Oregonian, Tschaggeny is scheduled to be arraigned on Monday on allegations of second-degree theft, tampering with physical evidence, and second-degree abuse of a corpse.
George Tschaggeny, 51, was arrested at a homeless encampment under an overpass after a tip from an employee of a Domino's Pizza restaurant in the area, Portland Police Bureau officials said at a Friday press conference. Two of the men, 53-year-old Best and 23-year-old Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche, died. A third stabbing victim, 21-year-old Micah Fletcher, suffered knife wounds to the neck but survived.
Tschaggeny was found wearing Best's ring, which he apparently had removed from Best's finger after the stabbing, said police spokesman Pete Simpson.
Two bounty hunters and fugitive dead after shootout at Texas vehicle dealership
Peters says Hutchinson had been sought since March for failure to appear in court in Hennepin County. They're identified as 33-year old Gabriel Bernal and 54-year old Fidel Garcia of Corpus Christi.
A wallet from inside the backpack is still missing.
Authorities also recovered Best's missing backpack, although officers said some items, like the Army veteran's wallet, were missing.
Police released surveillance photos and video of the suspect Thursday night.
Cops described the thief as a white male with a blonde mullet who was wearing a black Jordan Brand baseball cap in addition to the black shirt. I understand that is no measure against their grief.
Christian is charged with two counts of aggravated murder, attempted aggravated murder, first-degree assault, three counts of unlawful use of a weapon and two counts of intimidation.
- NY cashier serves Lorde a smoothie, gets invited to Governors Ball
- Putin ridicules US focus on ambassador contacts
- MLB Reduces Bryce Harper's Suspension To Three Games
- Greg Gianforte Apologizes For Body Slamming Reporter After Winning Election
- PM Modi meets German Chancelor Merkel at Schloss Meseberg
- Shares in British Airways' parent company tumble
- Iranian president calls US relations 'a curvy road'
- SLO Country honors those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice
- Uber fires self-driving vehicle chief accused of stealing Google's tech
- European allies see the two sides of Trump