Harper charged the mound and threw his helmet, which appeared to slip out of his hand and come nowhere close to Strickland, but they both landed punches before being engulfed by teammates in a melee at the center of the infield.
Harper's suspension begins Wednesday night in the series finale against San Francisco, and given that the Nationals have an off day on Thursday, the Nationals slugger should be eligible to return on Sunday.
On Tuesday, Hunter Strickland was by his locker when the media arrived in the clubhouse of the San Francisco Giants and he answered questions related to the incident that caused him to be suspended for six games.
Both players appealed the punishment in hopes of getting it reduced and will be allowed to play until the case is resolved. In addition to the suspensions, both players received fines for their actions.
MLB Reduces Bryce Harper's Suspension To Three Games
Harper still sounded bewildered that Strickland would hold a grudge for so long, saying, "It's just insane that it even happened yesterday".
"I wasn't going up there thinking about it", Harper said after Monday's game.
"I'm obviously not thrilled about it", Strickland said. After three years, to do that, I don't know what was going through his mind or how upset he was the past couple of years. "We'll go from there".
Baker didn't think Harper's punishment was fair, saying, "Probably only Martin Luther King or Gandhi would have turned the other cheek and not done something reactionary".
The bad blood stems from a pair of home runs Harper hit off Strickland in the 2014 playoffs, when the Giants went on to capture their third World Series championship in five years. "We as a whole group and team, we stick together".
Greg Gianforte Apologizes For Body Slamming Reporter After Winning Election
Jacobs captured audio of the encounter which began with Jacobs asking Gianforte about the congressional health care bill. Gianforte also apologized to a Fox News crew that was in the room with him and Jacobs at the time of their encounter.
- Meet in NCAA lacrosse championship
- Kushner 'sought secret communication line with Moscow'
- Draymond Green not bored by another Cavs-Dubs Finals matchup
- New Poll Shows Americans Remain Strongly Divided Over Impeaching Trump
- FACT CHECK: Does US believe Western Wall is in Israel?
- No surprise: It's Cavs-Warriors in the NBA Finals, again
- Celtics star Isaiah Thomas unsure if he'll need hip surgery
- Kiwis win thriller on Swede penalty in America's Cup trials
- Iraq's Iran-backed paramilitary advances towards Syria border
- Dedryck Boyata: Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers told me to keep it simple