A suspicious package has forced the partial evacuation of a terminal at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Cops later determined that there was no threat and gave an all-clear around 6 p.m., officials said.
Newark Airport tells passenger to expect residual delays.
Newark Liberty on this holiday weekend, filled with people, when authorities found a suspicious package.
Fallout 4 is free to try this weekend
This weekend you can download and play Fallout 4 for free if you are a Steam user or own an Xbox One with a Gold Membership. The game and its season pass will be discounted over the weekend too, as well as on the PlayStation Store.
Law enforcement sources told NBC 4 NY that it was found in an area before passengers are screened.
Alarmed passerby's notified cops when they saw a paper shopping bag sitting by itself near a stone garbage can and a responding K9 officer quickly spotted the pressure cooker inside, the source said.
K9 units, emergency service units, detectives and the Elizabeth Fire Department were at the scene, police said.
This all happened just before 5:00 p.m. The tweet sent out from the Twitter handle only said that there was some "police activity" in front of Terminal A. There was no reference to the pressure cooker or an explosive in the tweet.
- China ready to boost financial cooperation with Belt and Road participants
- Police 'stop sharing Manchester bomb intelligence' after series of leaks
- Troops pull out of Brazil capital; president under pressure
- Siena poll: Trump's job ratings fall, Congressional Democrats and GOP worse
- Parched Cape Town imposes water restrictions due to drought
- Launched missile could carry large nuclear warhead: North Korea
- Trump says Germany is 'very bad' on trade
- Spain Supreme Court confirms Messi fraud sentence
- NFL Owners Vote To Remove 75-Man Preseason Roster Cuts; Shorten OT
- Ellen DeGeneres to do her first stand-up special in 15 years