A suspicious package has forced the partial evacuation of a terminal at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Cops later determined that there was no threat and gave an all-clear around 6 p.m., officials said.
Newark Airport tells passenger to expect residual delays.
Newark Liberty on this holiday weekend, filled with people, when authorities found a suspicious package.
Trump tried to get intelligence officials to deny collusion
Rogers, who has served as NSA director since 2014, also was to appear before the committee to discuss the annual budget. Coats was sworn in just days before the president made his request.
Law enforcement sources told NBC 4 NY that it was found in an area before passengers are screened.
Alarmed passerby's notified cops when they saw a paper shopping bag sitting by itself near a stone garbage can and a responding K9 officer quickly spotted the pressure cooker inside, the source said.
K9 units, emergency service units, detectives and the Elizabeth Fire Department were at the scene, police said.
This all happened just before 5:00 p.m. The tweet sent out from the Twitter handle only said that there was some "police activity" in front of Terminal A. There was no reference to the pressure cooker or an explosive in the tweet.
- Dedryck Boyata: Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers told me to keep it simple
- Troops pull out of Brazil capital; president under pressure
- Ellen DeGeneres to do her first stand-up special in 15 years
- 'We can use peace': Trump and Pope Francis meet
- Ice melt affects world's 'most important room'
- Supreme Court Strikes down N. Carolina's Racial Gerrymander
- China ready to boost financial cooperation with Belt and Road participants
- 7th person linked to Manchester attack detained by police
- Trump says Germany is 'very bad' on trade
- Siena poll: Trump's job ratings fall, Congressional Democrats and GOP worse