But the episode raised concerns that it could corrode trust among allies who shared classified information with the U.S. on the understanding that it will go no further.
In his speech at Mr Rivlin's official residence, Mr Trump said he was deeply encouraged by his conversations with Muslim world leaders in Saudi Arabia. Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also condemned the Manchester attack. Standing with Trump after their talk in Abbas' presidential residence, Abbas said that Palestinians "are committed to working with you to reach a historic peace deal between us and Israel".
Trump reportedly told Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak at a meeting this month about an Islamic State threat using laptops on planes, including highly classified details about the origin of the intelligence, which came from a "partner" later reported to be Israel. "So Trump is, in those remarks, kind of putting Israeli-Palestinian peace kind of in the center of the agenda".
"They're all saying I did, so you have another story wrong. It is between us and occupation", Abbas said.
"Mr. President, I appreciate the fact that you went to the Western Wall and you're the first acting President who's done that".
Group linked to NSA spy leaks threatens sale of new tech secrets
The cyber security community has been combing through the blog post and other indicators for the Shadow Broker's intentions. "Each month peoples can be paying membership fee, then getting members only data dump each month".
In his remarks, Trump said the USA welcomes assistance from any nation willing to help eradicate "violent ideologies" that he said have "caused so much needless bloodshed and killing here and all over the world".
In joint statements on the tarmac, Trump and Netanyahu referred to hopes of a wider peace deal in the region, comments that were heavy on rhetoric but light on details of how that could be achieved.
On Monday, Mr Trump stressed the strong bonds between the US and Israel.
"Making peace, however, will not be easy ... but with determination, compromise and the belief that peace is possible", he said.
"The conflict is not between religions", Abbas said. He did not way in Israeli settlements, the status of Jerusalem or even whether the US would continue to insist on a two-state solution giving the Palestinians sovereign territory.
Trump on Tuesday also visited the Holocaust memorial Yad Vashem, where he and first lady Melania Trump laid a wreath in honor of concentration camp victims.
- NFL Rule Changes Include More Freedom For Touchdown Celebrations
- Texas to pass bill banning transgender students from choosing bathrooms
- CVS Only Selling Sunscreen With SPF 15 Or Higher
- Trump willing to use engagement on North Korea crisis: South Korea envoy
- New Microsoft Surface Pro leaks, but it still isn't the 5
- Sheriff David Clarke's thesis deleted from school's website after plagiarism accusation
- Visa program touted by Kushners has fraught political history
- 1st court appearance for 3 teens in shooting death of boy, 6
- Sunday afternoon clouds to bring 50 percent chance of thunderstorms
- Tab For Single-Payer Proposal In California Could Run $400 Billion