This year, most of those celebrations would be allowed.
He said the league had consulted more than 80 current and former players.
NFL owners voted to approve several rule changes at the spring league meeting in Chicago on Tuesday, including shortening overtime periods to 10 minutes after the idea was proposed at the annual league meeting in March. Playoff games will also use 10-minute time blocks in overtime, but won't end in ties.
In addition, the National Football League will be relaxing rules on celebrations to allow players to have fun following touchdowns and big plays.
1st court appearance for 3 teens in shooting death of boy, 6
Madison County District Attorney Michael Guest briefed reporters Monday about the case and said there would be no more arrests. She was visibly shaking at points and was physically supported by family members as she walked out of the courtroom.
Players can now use the ball as a prop, they can do things like make snow angels, and they can also have group celebrations. Some will claim player health and safety, but that's a bunch of nonsense. Result should be more fun, fewer flags.
Three other games were won in overtime on the final five minutes, games that would be ties this year. Instead there will be one mandatory roster cut, going from a 90-man roster to a 53-man roster.
The changes were approved amid the NFL's renewed emphasis on making their on-field product fan-friendly.
In addition, National Football League teams are now able to return two players from the injured reserve list per season. This eliminates teams having to choose who to bring back and gives them more flexibility as late-season games and postseason factors come into play. The player must be on IR for at least six weeks and they can return to games after sitting out eight weeks. If celebrations are deemed a violation by on-field officials, players could still be penalized under existing unsportsmanlike conduct and taunting violations, as well as fined.
- Aussie men slump to sixth in 2017 sevens
- Former official says she warned White House about Flynn
- Sheriff David Clarke's thesis deleted from school's website after plagiarism accusation
- Aric Almirola apart from 8 to 12 weeks
- Ballad beats glitz as Portugal's Sobral wins Eurovision
- Sunday afternoon clouds to bring 50 percent chance of thunderstorms
- Wenger's future at Arsenal will be decided after FA Cup final
- US Supreme Court rejects two congressional districts in N Carolina
- Texas to pass bill banning transgender students from choosing bathrooms
- Muslim states must join West to eliminate terrorism: Sharif