UFC fighters are only supposed to fight inside the octagon but Cyborg landed a punch on fellow UFC fighter Angela Magana at the UFC Athlete Retreat.
TMZ first reported the citation, but Justino, 31, was not placed under arrest. Some reports say she was wobbled, but didn't go down, while Magana's friend Bec Rawlings tweeted that, "Magana was not rocked... but does have a busted lip".
Following the event, Angela Magana took to social media to report that, after talking to the police, she had made a decision to press charges. Cyborg ended up hitting Magana with a punch in response.
1st court appearance for 3 teens in shooting death of boy, 6
Madison County District Attorney Michael Guest briefed reporters Monday about the case and said there would be no more arrests. She was visibly shaking at points and was physically supported by family members as she walked out of the courtroom.
"But I chose to press charges after speaking with them", she added.
According to officials, witnesses jumped in and broke up the fight. Charged with misdemeanor battery, Justino faces a potential six-month jail sentecne and $1,000 fine, though she may face just community service.
Magana also claims that the police are looking into felony assault charges instead of a misdemeanor battery and that the Brazilian will be released by the UFC.
- Iran reformist drops out of election, supports Rouhani
- PM Modi speaks to French President-Elect Macron
- Turkey slams US over 'aggressive' acts against bodyguards
- Here's The Moment A Young Mark Zuckerberg Discovered He Got Into Harvard
- Former official says she warned White House about Flynn
- Group linked to NSA spy leaks threatens sale of new tech secrets
- Trump and DeVos education cuts "reckless and wrong"
- 17 million user records stolen from restaurant guide Zomato
- Can Nick Martinez Help Win 10th Straight Game?
- Sunday afternoon clouds to bring 50 percent chance of thunderstorms