Respected leaker Evan Blass of Venture Beat obtained the first photos that purportedly show the Surface Pro, along with the news of the simplified moniker.
As Microsoft devices chief Panos Panay recently told CNET that "there's no such thing as Pro 5", but he emphasized that they are not done with the product line just yet. However, we do know the new Surface Pro will come with various accessories in tow, including pen and keyboard.
Iran reformist drops out of election, supports Rouhani
The election is largely viewed as a referendum on the nuclear deal struck with world powers in 2015 under his leadership. Iranian voters are set to cast ballot in the country's presidential election on Friday.
Of course, VentureBeat's report could be a bit of clever misdirection, with Microsoft set to unveil something truly special and awesome at its May 23 conference next week in Shanghai.
Blass notes that there are not many evident changes on the outlook of the Surface Pro. The device looks largely similar to the Surface Pro 4 that debuted near the end of 2015, complete with a silver body and a built-in kickstand. Stay tuned, we'll update you as soon as we get any other information about the upcoming Surface Pro 5. He says that the device will be a refresh of the Surface Pro 4, but it will simply be called as the Surface Pro when Microsoft officially announces the device next week. That would normally suggest that it is an entirely new tablet, which is not. These include the keyboard, the stylus, and the mouse. The new 13.5-inch Surface laptop starts at $999. Thurrott also claimed that the Surface Connector proprietary power connector will continue to exist in the next Surface Pro and it will not feature a USB Type-C port. Rumors about the new Surface device point to several internal upgrades that Microsoft would be equipping the device with. Unfortunately, ZDNet reports that a Surface Book successor is unlikely as well with the Surface Book 2 machines still not quite ready. The pen will be available in four colors.
- US makes proposal to Russia for managing Syria battlefield
- Automakers settle deadly Takata airbag case for $553 mn
- Rainy practices makes pole favorites hard to find at Indy
- Group linked to NSA spy leaks threatens sale of new tech secrets
- Michael Flynn and other campaign staffers made multiple calls to Russians
- Here's The Moment A Young Mark Zuckerberg Discovered He Got Into Harvard
- Deepika Padukone at opening ceremony of Cannes Film Festival
- Wenger's future at Arsenal will be decided after FA Cup final
- Samsung Galaxy C10 with Dual rear camera spotted
- Aussie men slump to sixth in 2017 sevens