The Braves have found their stop-gap for the injured Freddie Freeman.
Yepez, a 19-year-old right-handed hitting infielder has compiled a.275/.309/.387 batting line thus far in 2017 with the Class-A Rome Braves. The deal came Saturday, three days after the Braves lost Freeman to a broken wrist.
Memphis Redbirds first baseman Luke Voit is hitting.350 on the season with 8 home runs and 27 RBIs.
The Braves are now in second place in the NL East with a 17-22 overall record. "He will help us even when Freddie Freeman comes back to the Braves".
Adams made his debut with Cardinals in 2012, appearing in 27 games as a rookie.
Students hurt when school bus flips in hit-and-run crash
Investigators say the driver attempted to pass a tractor-trailer and their escort vehicles in the eastbound lanes of Route 30. Wednesday on Route 30 near the intersection of Route 896, close to Fulton Steamboat Inn in East Lampeter Township.
Adams' power also showed up at a time when the Cardinals needed it the most.
However, in 2015, injuries limited Adams to just 60 games. With standout Matt Carpenter shifting to first base and an abundance of outfield options, the Cardinals struggled to find playing time for Adams this season. He was a free agent after going 12-13 with a 4.64 ERA in 32 starts for Houston previous year.
Piscotty also was dealing with some tendinitis in his right knee after a bout with the wall in Springfield but he said that was not a problem, nor was the hamstring.
How Does He Fit Long-Term?Adams is having a nice year at the plate slashing.292/.340/.396. Although, provided Freeman makes a quick and full recovery, it's fair to wonder how (or rather, if) Adams fits into the Braves' long-term plans. He will be expected to handle the position, at least against right-handers. A little after 5pm, General Manager John Mozeliak arrived in the dugout with the news Matt Adams had been traded to the Atlanta Braves. Coppolella and president of baseball operations John Hart said the team had no first basemen in the minors ready to be a fill-in starter in the majors. It will be very interesting to see what the change of scenery might be able to do for his career.
- Trump and DeVos education cuts "reckless and wrong"
- Deepika Padukone at opening ceremony of Cannes Film Festival
- Can Nick Martinez Help Win 10th Straight Game?
- Former official says she warned White House about Flynn
- Michael Flynn and other campaign staffers made multiple calls to Russians
- PM Modi speaks to French President-Elect Macron
- Mexico reporters mourn brave murdered mentor
- 'Stranger things' - Redknapp delivers verdict on Liverpool and Arsenal top four battle
- Rainy practices makes pole favorites hard to find at Indy
- Wenger's future at Arsenal will be decided after FA Cup final