The summer food drive is the result of collaboration between the library and the Volunteer Center of Grant County.
For more information, please call the library at 714.826.4100 x126, or visit our virtual branch at www.buenaparklibrary.org.
Every child who registers for Summer Reading Club will receive an Applebee's coupon. "In the short term it helps with the summer brain drain that happens when they go back to school in the fall". Participants of all ages can expect a variety of activities that encourage them to explore their own creativity, including programs from local attractions such as the Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento Children's Museum, and Explorit, along with wildlife shows and regional performers including magicians and musicians. "Offering an extra opportunity for community members to 'build a better world, ' in this case by donating food for others, is consistent with our organization's values".
But participation in the summer reading program is not limited to children.
Abe, Moon discuss North Korea, 'comfort women' issue
Beijing has asked the deployment be canceled because of THAAD's powerful radar and regional surveillance capabilities. Moon has taken a more conciliatory line with North Korea than his conservative predecessors and advocates engagement.
LaRochelle's story time was part of the library's summer reading program kickoff.
"We want to offer families fun ways to keep their children learning and active over the summer months", Children's Librarian Sierra Baril said in a recent release. Participants who read three books before August 11 and submit their form will earn a tape measure and be entered into a drawing for prizes including gift certificates to O'Hara Hardware, Edd the Florist Inc., and Earl May Garden Center. To into the library to sign up and pick your reading goal for the summer. Adults who read three books also can win prizes. Both events are free and open to all ages.
A library card isn't required to participate in the program and you can register as an individual or a team when you sign up. Even though the program will not officially kick off until July 6th, eager readers can begin logging online July 1st.
- Samsung Galaxy C10 with Dual rear camera spotted
- Students hurt when school bus flips in hit-and-run crash
- Who's on the guest list for Pippa Middleton's wedding?
- Deepika Padukone at opening ceremony of Cannes Film Festival
- Democrats Going to Do Whatever It Takes to Impeach Trump
- US makes proposal to Russia for managing Syria battlefield
- Braves' Freddie Freeman diagnosed with a fractured wrist
- Ayesha Confirmed For Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
- UN Security Council for imposing sanctions on North Korea's missile test
- 'Stranger things' - Redknapp delivers verdict on Liverpool and Arsenal top four battle