Britton was attempting to clean the metal toy when it happened, Kelly Rose revealed in a Facebook post. Fidget spinners now hold the top 16 spots on Amazon's toy rankings, taking up 43 of the top 50 spots, according to CNN.
A Texas mom is warning about the potential choking hazard of fidget spinners, that hot new toy fascinating kids and frustrating some teachers.
They were driving home from a swim meet Saturday when Joniec said she could hear her daughter retching in the backseat.
"Looking back in the mirror, I saw her face turning red and drool pouring from her mouth - she could utter noises but looked panicked so I immediately pulled over", Joniec wrote.
This time, however, it was an older child who was rushed to hospital after accidentally swallowing one of those pieces from her fidget spinner, the alarming x-ray serving as a warning for all parents.
Scream Queens has been cancelled after just two seasons
Even then, the show managed to pull a semi-decent conclusion that didn't really leave much room for maneuvering a third season. They gave the 20th TV horror-comedy a straight-to-series order shortly after assuming control of the broadcast network.
After the vehicle was pulled over, the daughter told her mom that she had swallowed part of her fidget spinner when she was trying to clean it. That's how Joniec said her daughter got a bearing stuck in her throat. "Fortunately we had a positive outcome, but it was pretty scary there for a while...not only because of the initial ingestion, but then the concern about the composition and structure of the object, and finally, the risk with general anesthesia".
Commenters on Joniec's wall pointed out that putting random items in your mouth isn't a wise idea.
A 10-year-old girl from Texas had a near-death experience after a toy, given to children to help with anxiety, lodged in her throat. Joniec's Facebook post notes that "not all spinners come with age-appropriate warnings", and she wants to make sure parents know about the potential hazards of the pieces that can easily pop out, as she experienced.
A fidget spinner has weighted bearings, which can be removed and are about the size of a quarter, to help it spin so smoothly.
Spokeswoman Patty Davis from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission told CNN: "Anything with small parts, keep it away from young children".
- Stephen Colbert breaks down latest Trump scandal over James Comey
- US VP Pence warns North Korea: 'The sword stands ready'
- With Merkel and PM, France's new president wastes no time
- The Avril Lavigne-Melissa Vandella Conspiracy Theory Has Returned
- Osinbajo confirms rescue of another Chibok schoolgirl, says Femi Adesina
- 'New Girl' renewed for seventh and final season
- Tipton: New health plan protects those with pre-existing conditions
- Tehran mayor Qalibaf quits presidential race, backs hardliner Raisi
- NBC uncanceled Timeless, thanks to pressure from fans
- 'Dr Phil' to air interview with Aaron Hernandez's fiancee