Reema was admitted to the Kokilaben Hospital in Mumbai in the midnight when she complained of chest pain.
Reema Lagoo is best-known for playing the role of a mother in various films.
Tu Tu Main Main, which featured a stubborn mother-in-law, played by Reema Lagoo, and a boisterous daughter-in-law, enacted by Supriya Pilgaonkar, was one of the best comedy TV shows ever made. She was 59 and her last rites will be held today. "She was perfectly fine and had no health issues.so it is really shocking for all of us that she is no more with us". Her role in Tu Tu Main Main will always be remembered as the Mother in Law role in Indian television. She was the daughter of a well-known Marathi actress and began acting herself after finishing school in Pune. The performance of Reema Lagoo attracted the audience.
Veteran actor Reema Lagoo passed away in Mumbai on Thursday morning.
South Korean leader Moon discuss North Korea with China's Xi - Blue House
Wednesday in which the two leaders agreed to hold a summit soon to discuss North Korea and other pending issues. The image shows South Korean President Moon Jae-in (R) and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping.
Reema was married to Marathi actor Vivek Lagoo.
She was now working on TV serial Naamkaran on Star Plus.
Later, Reema became famous for portraying the "middle-aged, modern, but understanding mother" on both, the silver and the small screens, to some of the biggest stars in the industry. The daily soap which was inspired by the Mahesh Bhatt directed 1998 movie Zakhm saw Reema Lagoo in an influential role of the antagonist, Dayavanti Mehta. Be it Salman's mom in Hum Saath-Saath Hain or SRK's mom in Kal Ho Naa Ho, her characters had their own share of struggles and fights, but they were never the weepy, helpless, poor mother that Nirupa Roy often played in her films. Reema Lagoo won four Filmfare awards in the supporting actress category.
- West Brom will pull out of Taylor deal rather than face tribunal
- Police officer who shot and killed Texas teen is fired
- WWE Smackdown: Jinder Mahal reigns supreme over AJ Styles, Randy Orton
- Ohio high school students get pepper-sprayed for class
- In America's largest oilfield, whir of activity confounds OPEC
- Trump on Israeli-Palestinian peace: 'We will get it done'
- Indian court allows abortion for 10-year-old rape victim
- Chelsea Manning released after seven years from military prison
- HYS: Will Conte be sacked next season?
- Nintendo Switch fighter ARMS is getting a timed demo