We've been covering Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 since 2014's Comic-Con, when the sequel was announced, and it's great to be able to finally discuss, dissect, and debate the actual film as opposed to trying to gleam insight from trailers, teasers, and clips.
Directed by James Gunn, the film stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell. In two weeks of worldwide release, the film has also made $269 million overseas.
With critics and fans in love with the new sequel and the box office exploding, it's no surprise that the only movie confirmed by Marvel post-2019 is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. The film now has over $207 million at the domestic box office.
It'll be a long time till we get Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, but now we can just enjoy Vol. 2 which is out in theaters now.
Guardians Vol. 2 came out in many global markets, including the United Kingdom, a week before its USA release, and has already totaled $427 million globally, reports Variety.
In fourth was Pantelion s "How to be a Latin Lover", a comedy starring Salma Hayek, Rob Lowe, Kristen Bell and Mexican actor Eugenio Derbez, with $5.3 million in ticket sales. If it does, it will be one of only eight movies to ever hit that mark.
South Korean leader Moon discuss North Korea with China's Xi - Blue House
Wednesday in which the two leaders agreed to hold a summit soon to discuss North Korea and other pending issues. The image shows South Korean President Moon Jae-in (R) and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping.
Worldwide, "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" has amassed over $427 million as of this writing.
"The strength of the brand is a license to take risks", Hollis said, noting that the "Guardians" films are the flawless counter to any notion of superhero movie fatigue. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
"Beauty and the Beast", $4.9 million ($11.9 million international).
Baahubali 2 finished with $3.2 million for a seventh place finish after debuting at number 3 last week.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is now being developed.
"The Fate of the Furious", $30.1 million. For those who were unaware, Beauty and the Beast has been one of the biggest performing films of 2017.
- Donald Trump allegedly shares 'highly classified' info with Russians
- Besieged White House denies, defends as new bombshells hit
- Yankees retire Derek Jeter's No. 2 jersey, unveil Monument Park plaque
- Ohio high school students get pepper-sprayed for class
- Democrats Going to Do Whatever It Takes to Impeach Trump
- Consternation on Capitol Hill over White House bombshells
- Osinbajo confirms rescue of another Chibok schoolgirl, says Femi Adesina
- Texas girl chokes on fidget spinner part
- Gov. Wolf orders flags to half-staff for Peace Officers Memorial Day
- Always Dreaming is 4-5 early favorite for Preakness