It's most certainly a happy ending for the show, but there's reason to remain a bit anxious that Timeless could still be on the NBC bubble with its below-average 10-episode Season 2 order.
Don't call me Caitlyn: Baby name plunges in popularity
In fact, the top 10 list of names for girls contains all of the same names as last year's list. Debuting in the top 1000 at 901 is Kylo, as in Kylo Ren.
The renewal news means that fans will get answers to the season one cliffhanger and fingers crossed the show pulls in solid ratings to continue for years to come! Happily, on Saturday it was announced that NBC's Timeless is getting a Season 2 renewal. Still, the show had a passionate core fanbase and it was believed it was mostly issues of cost and the fact that an outside studio (Sony) produced the series, rather than it being owned by NBC Universal, that led to its cancellation. The company said that the next season would air in the more family-friendly eight P.M. timeslot and, at show creators Eric Kripke and Shawn Ryan's suggestion, would be geared toward a younger audience. "Can't wait to show you more", Ryan also tweeted. When the network executives convened to discuss its 2017-18 lineup, the questions surrounding Timeless, considered a "borderline" series, were "Can it grow, and do we have place for it", Greenblatt said.
- Eric Kripke (@therealKripke) May 13, 2017The #TimeTeam went back 3 days, and changed history. As Wyatt, Lanter gives us an update on what the team is up to and says, "I just wanted to hop on and tell you that I think the mission was successful". It's glorious news, and it's also a testament to the massive support base who fought to keep the show alive after the news first broke of NBC dropping the guillotine on it.
- Paddleboarder told to exit water after officials spot 15 great white sharks
- New Samsung Galaxy Folder Smartphone Being Developed
- Elon Musk video touts test of speedy tunnel transit system
- Tipton: New health plan protects those with pre-existing conditions
- Britain WILL send soldiers back to Afghanistan - and THIS is how many
- Bottas was always going to be quick, says Hamilton
- Oil rises on expectations of extended OPEC-led production cut
- Palestinian West Bank local elections a test for Fatah party
- No need for Mumbai Indians to go into panic mode: Kieron Pollard
- Tesla starts selling solar roof