And finally here's the company's "electric sled", which will "transport cars at 125 miles per hour (200 km/h) through tunnels", in action.
Elon Musk has given a glimpse into the underground network of tunnels he's building to help people avoid travelling through LA traffic.
In constructing the tunnels, Musk's company will face one obvious barrier: California's predisposition for earthquakes.
"The race between Gary, our pet snail who lives in a pineapple, and Godot, our tunnel boring machine, begins soon!" Sounds fun, right? Watch that video again and tell me how ready you are to be the first to have your face peeled off in one of Musk's tunnels. Godot, he said, would be the name of the Boring Company's first big piece of equipment. Another Instagram post shows the segments are already in the final assembly stages. He says the full length of the first tunnel will go from the Los Angeles International Airport "to Culver City, Santa Monica, Westwood and Sherman Oaks".
Atmosphere rich in water discovered around Neptune-sized world
Water serves as a representative of all the elements in the atmosphere heavier than hydrogen and helium. Located about 437 light years away, HAT-P-26b orbits a star roughly twice as old as the sun.
Considering that President Donald Trump has selected Musk as one of his strategic and policy forum advisors, however, Musk is in a good position to propose and conduct ambitious projects like The Boring Company.
During his TED talk last month, Musk said that he wanted to increase the speed of the machine by over ten-fold from digging about 300 feet per week to up to 1 mile per week.
The company's first boring machine, called Godot, is now being installed at the mouth of the tunnel. His plans are for a connected web of high-speed tunnel freeways deep underneath Los Angeles.
The ongoing effort is a part of Musk's new company called The Boring Company that aims at fixing the problem of traffic jams.
- Karnan seeks SC reprieve, stays clear of police radar
- President Trump Demands 'Goddamned Steam' Catapults in Time Interview
- Crystal Palace vs Hull City - fans' view
- President Trump delivers commencement address at Liberty University
- Iraqi's Shiite militias launch anti-IS push west of Mosul
- Iraq, US in talks to keep American troop presence after IS
- Avocado hand is the latest British epidemic
- Ransomware attacks reported in Europe
- Halep outlasts determined Mladenovic to retain Madrid title
- 'Dani Alves is the world's best attacking right-back'