When 18-year-olds register as first-time voters in the 2034 USA congressional elections, numerous signatures will include the names Emma and Noah.
Emma is the most popular girls' name in the United States in 2016 for the third year in a row, the Social Security Administration announced Friday, and it was the fourth year Noah took the top spot for boys. Frankie, Ayan, Camren, Deshawn and Jayvion were the least popular names for boys in 2016 while Janiya, Jocelynn, Libby, Princess and Sidney ranked the lowest for girls.
Noah, Liam, and William topped the list for boys.
In fact, the top 10 list of names for girls contains all of the same names as last year's list. The fifth most popular name, Isabella, dominated in 2009 and 2010, around the same time as the peak popularity of the Twilight series and its protagonist Bella Swan.
Hillary Clinton, the first woman to be the presidential nominee of a major American political party, did not lead to a spike in baby names, either.
Other names seeing sharp declines in popularity include Jonael, Aaden, Triston, Freddy and Yaakov for boys and Neriah, Byranna, Kiley, Yaritza and Denise for girls.
Health boards in Scotland affected by widespread cyber attack on NHS
The hackers are reportedly exploiting a critical vulnerability (MS17-010) that first received a patch on 14 March. Attacks occur regularly against Telefonica and today's wasn't major, the official said.
For boys in 2016, that name was Kylo, which rose from 3,359 in 2015 to 901 a year ago.
"Perhaps this can be attributed to Kehlani Parrish, a singer/songwriter who was nominated for a Grammy in 2016", the agency said.
For all the top baby names of 2016, and to find where your own name ranks, go to Social Security's website, www.socialsecurity.gov/babynames/. Debuting in the top 1000 at 901 is Kylo, as in Kylo Ren.
The kids and the teenagers were big on Kylo.
However, another K name, Kehlani, made the biggest jump in popularity, making its debut on the top 1000 at 872 (from a previous 3359).
- Russia's Top Diplomat Meets With Trump at White House
- Karnan seeks SC reprieve, stays clear of police radar
- President Trump delivers commencement address at Liberty University
- Higher consumer spending helps boost German economy
- Officer dies after ambush at OH nursing home
- Chelsea should expect a fight from West Brom, says Chris Brunt
- Massive 'sea monster' discovered on Hulung Brach in Indonesia
- Oil rises on expectations of extended OPEC-led production cut
- Avocado hand is the latest British epidemic
- It's Honda's problem, not mine, says Alonso