When 18-year-olds register as first-time voters in the 2034 USA congressional elections, numerous signatures will include the names Emma and Noah.
Emma is the most popular girls' name in the United States in 2016 for the third year in a row, the Social Security Administration announced Friday, and it was the fourth year Noah took the top spot for boys. Frankie, Ayan, Camren, Deshawn and Jayvion were the least popular names for boys in 2016 while Janiya, Jocelynn, Libby, Princess and Sidney ranked the lowest for girls.
Noah, Liam, and William topped the list for boys.
In fact, the top 10 list of names for girls contains all of the same names as last year's list. The fifth most popular name, Isabella, dominated in 2009 and 2010, around the same time as the peak popularity of the Twilight series and its protagonist Bella Swan.
Hillary Clinton, the first woman to be the presidential nominee of a major American political party, did not lead to a spike in baby names, either.
Other names seeing sharp declines in popularity include Jonael, Aaden, Triston, Freddy and Yaakov for boys and Neriah, Byranna, Kiley, Yaritza and Denise for girls.
Oil rises on expectations of extended OPEC-led production cut
June natural gas tacked on 1.3% to trade at $3.421 per million British thermal units, up roughly 4.8% for the week. Demand for OPEC crude in 2016 now stands at 31.8 mb/d, which is 2.0 mb/d higher than in the previous year.
For boys in 2016, that name was Kylo, which rose from 3,359 in 2015 to 901 a year ago.
"Perhaps this can be attributed to Kehlani Parrish, a singer/songwriter who was nominated for a Grammy in 2016", the agency said.
For all the top baby names of 2016, and to find where your own name ranks, go to Social Security's website, www.socialsecurity.gov/babynames/. Debuting in the top 1000 at 901 is Kylo, as in Kylo Ren.
The kids and the teenagers were big on Kylo.
However, another K name, Kehlani, made the biggest jump in popularity, making its debut on the top 1000 at 872 (from a previous 3359).
- Bottas was always going to be quick, says Hamilton
- Next Weeks Broker Price Targets For United States Steel Corporation (NYSE:X)
- Higher consumer spending helps boost German economy
- Britain WILL send soldiers back to Afghanistan - and THIS is how many
- Paddleboarder told to exit water after officials spot 15 great white sharks
- Karnan seeks SC reprieve, stays clear of police radar
- Chelsea should expect a fight from West Brom, says Chris Brunt
- Crystal Palace vs Hull City - fans' view
- Sushi lovers at risk of parasites in fish
- President Trump delivers commencement address at Liberty University