And you were very restrained, admirably restrained.
"But you're not wrong".
"You've taken three airplanes to get there, and you need them to give you some content, and you have to be nice to them all day", the Full Frontal host continued. "I do occasionally use adult language, and I do it in public instead of the privacy of an "Access Hollywood" bus".
For his part, however, Colbert said that he would absolutely do it again - though he admitted he would substitute certain words for others a second time around. There's nothing amusing about what he says. "And what he says is filthy", he told the mag. And it only builds up my base. The guy was dying. The president also took credit for Colbert's improved ratings, saying he didn't start doing better until he started attacking Trump. I've done his show. The highest rating he's ever had.
The "Late Show" opener in question contained a series of Trump insult-jokes meant to act as payback for Trump's digs at fellow CBS host John Dickerson of "Face the Nation".
'Dani Alves is the world's best attacking right-back'
This time , it could be Juventus' year, especially after it eased past the Catalan team 3-0 on aggregate in the quarterfinals. It is also the first time since 2002 that a final will be played in the United Kingdom, but outside of England.
"I am terminating you because of the Russian investigation". But you know who's got really bad ratings these days?
The comment was both harsh and accurate. Last week, Colbert's lead in viewers was the biggest since he took over for David Letterman in September 2015. The comedian presented a few alternative versions of Trump's letter to Comey on his show Wednesday night.
"There's never gonna be another president this good for comedy", she joked.
With the recent news of James Comey's dismissal from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it's increasingly clear the plot of the inevitable "National Treasure" reboot should be Nicolas Cage stealing American artifacts of democracy not for money, but the moral good of protecting them from a wayward president. You do. Just awful approval numbers.
I can't be the only one who hears some outrageous Donald Trump news (*cough, cough* firing James Comey) and thinks, "God, I wish Jon Stewart were here covering this".
- Britain WILL send soldiers back to Afghanistan - and THIS is how many
- Chelsea should expect a fight from West Brom, says Chris Brunt
- Tesla starts selling solar roof
- Bottas was always going to be quick, says Hamilton
- Sushi lovers at risk of parasites in fish
- Crystal Palace vs Hull City - fans' view
- Paddleboarder told to exit water after officials spot 15 great white sharks
- President Trump Demands 'Goddamned Steam' Catapults in Time Interview
- Iraqi's Shiite militias launch anti-IS push west of Mosul
- No need for Mumbai Indians to go into panic mode: Kieron Pollard