And you were very restrained, admirably restrained.
"But you're not wrong".
"You've taken three airplanes to get there, and you need them to give you some content, and you have to be nice to them all day", the Full Frontal host continued. "I do occasionally use adult language, and I do it in public instead of the privacy of an "Access Hollywood" bus".
For his part, however, Colbert said that he would absolutely do it again - though he admitted he would substitute certain words for others a second time around. There's nothing amusing about what he says. "And what he says is filthy", he told the mag. And it only builds up my base. The guy was dying. The president also took credit for Colbert's improved ratings, saying he didn't start doing better until he started attacking Trump. I've done his show. The highest rating he's ever had.
The "Late Show" opener in question contained a series of Trump insult-jokes meant to act as payback for Trump's digs at fellow CBS host John Dickerson of "Face the Nation".
April : 8 MI teams earn flawless multi-year scores
Alabama was one of four SEC schools to have more than four teams receive public recognition from the NCAA for their April scores. Elsewhere, the Bulls baseball and women's soccer teams boasted program-record multi-year scores of 972 and 990, respectively.
"I am terminating you because of the Russian investigation". But you know who's got really bad ratings these days?
The comment was both harsh and accurate. Last week, Colbert's lead in viewers was the biggest since he took over for David Letterman in September 2015. The comedian presented a few alternative versions of Trump's letter to Comey on his show Wednesday night.
"There's never gonna be another president this good for comedy", she joked.
With the recent news of James Comey's dismissal from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it's increasingly clear the plot of the inevitable "National Treasure" reboot should be Nicolas Cage stealing American artifacts of democracy not for money, but the moral good of protecting them from a wayward president. You do. Just awful approval numbers.
I can't be the only one who hears some outrageous Donald Trump news (*cough, cough* firing James Comey) and thinks, "God, I wish Jon Stewart were here covering this".
- New Samsung Galaxy Folder Smartphone Being Developed
- Britain WILL send soldiers back to Afghanistan - and THIS is how many
- Iraqi's Shiite militias launch anti-IS push west of Mosul
- Economy Watch: Economy Gains 211K Jobs in April
- President Trump Demands 'Goddamned Steam' Catapults in Time Interview
- Consistent Chelsea Deserve Top Position, Says West Brom's Pulis
- Crystal Palace vs Hull City - fans' view
- Chelsea should expect a fight from West Brom, says Chris Brunt
- No need for Mumbai Indians to go into panic mode: Kieron Pollard
- Atmosphere rich in water discovered around Neptune-sized world