In February this year, locals on a beach in the Philippine's came across a mysterious hairy creature that was thought to have risen after earthquakes in the region.
Initial speculation had assumed it may be a giant squid, but those assumptions have mostly been dismissed.
The residents of Seram Island called on the national government to help them clear out and identify the remains of the creature as it had started to decay.
In a video shared by the Indonesian Army's Facebook page, a man muses on what the creature could be, according to Vice. At the present moment, and due largely to the creature's size and general shape, experts anticipate it turning out to be a whale of some variety. But as he approached, he could see more clearly: whatever this was, it had once been alive. The massive 50-foot-long creature, long since deceased, is already decaying, and nobody can seem to offer a definitive answer as to exactly what it is... or was.
This is not the first time an unknown giant creature has been found washed ashore.
Harvey suspended, Stanton hits 2 HRs, Marlins beat Mets 7-0
Sunday's development continues just a roller coaster of events that have happened this season, let alone last couple weeks. The MRI came back clean and showed no tear or damage to his UCL - the ligament between the thumb and the index finger.
"This is a humpback whale", said YouTube user Patasiwa Kumbang Amalatu.
It's not clear what caused the animal to was up on the shore, but it's believed to have been dead for at least three days before it was found on Tuesday evening (May 9).
A local mistook the giant creature for a stranded boat.
It was later identified as a whale - but had developed a odd appearance due to decomposition.
- Curry's 30 lead Warriors to sweep after 121-95 win over Jazz
- Karnan seeks SC reprieve, stays clear of police radar
- Philippines, US launch smaller military exercises
- Mourinho says top-four spot now beyond Manchester United
- Guardiola wary of 'complicated' end to season
- April : 8 MI teams earn flawless multi-year scores
- 'I blew it': Warren Buffett laments missing out on Google
- Wizards' Oubre suspended for Game 4 for knocking over Olynyk
- Consistent Chelsea Deserve Top Position, Says West Brom's Pulis
- Springs church leaders respond to 'religious liberty' executive order