The Wizards must have seen this coming.
In a battle of the Kelly's from Thursday's Game 3 involving the Wizards and Celtics, Washington's Kelly Oubre will reportedly be suspended by the National Basketball Association for Game 4 due to his role in an incident involving Boston's Kelly Olynyk, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical. Oubre charged Olynyk and knocked him to the floor with a forearm to the chest.
Game 4 is slated for Sunday in D.C., with tip-off at 6:30 ET.
Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical first reported the suspension on Saturday.
The violation, which brought Oubre a flagrant foul and ejection, took place with 2:48 into the second quarter of Washington's 116-89 home victory over the Celtics on Thursday.
Penguins star Crosby returns to practice after concussion
Crosby was operating in front of the net when the stick of Washington's Alex Ovechkin caused him to lose his balance. Crosby's status for Saturday's Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinal against the Capitals is still uncertain.
The suspension really isn't a surprise given the nature of the incident, as most expected Oubre to be held out of at least one game.
Oubre was ejected from the game, and told reporters he reacted angrily because it was the second time he had been hit in the head during a hard screen.
It is a big loss for the Wizards, for whom Oubre is a valuable sixth man.
His absence will likely mean more run for the Wizards starters, and possibly more playing time for reserve Bojan Bogdanovic.
- United States needs govt shutdown to fix mess
- Tories make gains in United Kingdom local elections
- Iowa governor signs 20-week abortion ban amid legal challenge
- Mertens brace takes Napoli up to second in Serie A
- Wenger focuses on Arsenal win rather than Mourinho
- Ballistic missile test-fired from California coastal base
- Know your SSLC results from 2 PM today, here is the link
- Trump announces trip to Saudi Arabia, Israel, Vatican
- India to play Champions Trophy
- Oil prices tank on investor fears over further OPEC cuts