With the ICC clipping BCCI's financial wings in its new revenue model, the Indian cricket board was not too happy and was contemplating pulling out from the mega event and thus the meeting to make a unanimous decision on the same.
Former president N Srinivasan attended the SGM via Skype but refrained from speaking about a pull-out after gauging the general mood. Find us on Facebook too! The Champions Trophy will commence from next month, June 1 in England and Whales. Holders #India did not submit its squad for the one-day global tournament in England and Wales by the April 25 deadline after BCCI failed to halt a new revenue model to be accepted by the worldwide Cricket Council (ICC). You are aware that the squad representing India at the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 was to be submitted by 25th April 2017 but the squad has not even been selected as yet.
The committee headed by former Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) Vinod Rai has made a decision to accommodate the BCCI's concerns on three of the most contentious Lodha Committee recommendations and the Board has chose to drop its hostile stance towards COA.
The BCCI's use of the Champions Trophy as a bargaining chip with the ICC had come in for criticism.
New Afghanistan troop plan goes to White House next week
He said the updated Pentagon strategy needs to lay out a plan that reinforces America's "enduring" presence in the country. Current and former USA officials said discussions revolve around adding three to five thousand troops.
"The BCCI. unanimously decided that the Indian cricket team will participate in the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy". The standoff continued further when the revenue model was revised and the BCCI again rejected the ICC's proposal of an additional 100 million, at where the original is 293 million.
BCCI's current joint secretary, Amitabh Choudhary, has been given the task of cracking a deal with the ICC on its behalf while keeping the legal options open.
Earlier, the Committee of Administrators - appointed by the Supreme Court - had asked the BCCI against taking a strong stand as that would hamper future relation between the ICC and the BCCI.
- Iowa governor signs 20-week abortion ban amid legal challenge
- Nigeria president attends Friday prayers amid health woes
- KM Mani, CPM face brickbats for 'opportunism'
- Levee breach leads to flooding in northeast Arkansas
- Satyendra Jain paid Rs.2 cr to Arvind Kejriwal, claims Kapil Mishra
- Five Medical Marijuana License Holders Exercise Right to Remain Silent
- Disney sets May 2019 release date for new 'Star Wars' film
- Iraq PM: No US combat troops to stay in Iraq after IS
- Oil prices tank on investor fears over further OPEC cuts
- Mertens brace takes Napoli up to second in Serie A