Disney and Lucasfilm have unveiled the release date for "Star Wars: Episode IX" as well as the latest sequel in the "Indiana Jones" franchise.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, from writer/director Rian Johnson, is in post-production now for a December 15, 2017, release. And now, as the story of the Skywalker family wraps up another trilogy, Star Wars will again become what it was in the beginning: the first of the modern summer blockbusters. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is set to arrive in cinemas this December so expect further news nearer the time. The studio gave no explanation for the change in the release date for the as-yet untitled film that had been originally scheduled for July 2019. This represents a major shift from Lucasfilm scheduling its Star Wars movies for the holiday season, but it also represents the franchise going "home", so to speak. Colin Trevorrow will direct "Episode IX", after J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson sat in the chair for Episode VII and VIII, respectively.
Star Wars: Episode IX 2019 release will mark the fifth Star Wars film in as many years released by Disney.
Mertens brace takes Napoli up to second in Serie A
Make no mistake about it, full-backs are becoming arguably the most important players on the pitch in the modern game. But Argentine striker Higuain smashed in a low finish on 91 minutes to preserve their unbeaten home record.
Most of the Star Wars-based attention will be on The Last Jedi for the foreseeable future, but Disney took the time today to announce the release date for Star Wars: Episode 9.
As for the untitled "Indiana Jones 5", the 2020 release date will come when iconic actor Harrison Ford will be 77 years old. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy recently confirmed, however, that in light of Carrie Fisher's death, Fisher's General Leia Organa will not appear in Episode IX. Spielberg did confirm that John Williams will be returning to score the film.
- Oil prices tank on investor fears over further OPEC cuts
- Does Kourtney Kardashian Have A Beau?
- Barcelona superstar Neymar to stand trial for fraud
- Israeli missile shoots down 'target' over Golan Heights
- Trump announces trip to Saudi Arabia, Israel, Vatican
- Frontier Fields: Hubble Captures Stunning New Image Of Abell 370
- Ballistic missile test-fired from California coastal base
- Know your SSLC results from 2 PM today, here is the link
- Fox Radio Reporter Claims She Was Fired 24 Hours After Complaint
- Satyendra Jain paid Rs.2 cr to Arvind Kejriwal, claims Kapil Mishra