Disney and Lucasfilm have unveiled the release date for "Star Wars: Episode IX" as well as the latest sequel in the "Indiana Jones" franchise.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, from writer/director Rian Johnson, is in post-production now for a December 15, 2017, release. And now, as the story of the Skywalker family wraps up another trilogy, Star Wars will again become what it was in the beginning: the first of the modern summer blockbusters. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is set to arrive in cinemas this December so expect further news nearer the time. The studio gave no explanation for the change in the release date for the as-yet untitled film that had been originally scheduled for July 2019. This represents a major shift from Lucasfilm scheduling its Star Wars movies for the holiday season, but it also represents the franchise going "home", so to speak. Colin Trevorrow will direct "Episode IX", after J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson sat in the chair for Episode VII and VIII, respectively.
Star Wars: Episode IX 2019 release will mark the fifth Star Wars film in as many years released by Disney.
Lawton believers celebrate National Day of Prayer
Francois County National Day of Prayer ceremony set for this evening on the south lawn of the St. Abraham Lincoln also had a proclamation for a day of "humiliation, fasting and prayer " in 1863.
Most of the Star Wars-based attention will be on The Last Jedi for the foreseeable future, but Disney took the time today to announce the release date for Star Wars: Episode 9.
As for the untitled "Indiana Jones 5", the 2020 release date will come when iconic actor Harrison Ford will be 77 years old. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy recently confirmed, however, that in light of Carrie Fisher's death, Fisher's General Leia Organa will not appear in Episode IX. Spielberg did confirm that John Williams will be returning to score the film.
- Barcelona superstar Neymar to stand trial for fraud
- Mertens brace takes Napoli up to second in Serie A
- Does Kourtney Kardashian Have A Beau?
- Levee breach leads to flooding in northeast Arkansas
- Terror Link: Two Suspected ISI Agents Arrested From Mumbai, Faizabad
- Five Medical Marijuana License Holders Exercise Right to Remain Silent
- Rights lens on India
- India to play Champions Trophy
- Ketan Mehta was never going to direct 'Manikarnika': Kangana
- Satyendra Jain paid Rs.2 cr to Arvind Kejriwal, claims Kapil Mishra