Google has announced that the Google Assistant on Google Home can now help you with your cooking as it has the ability to give you recipe instructions whilst you are cooking. But one thing this little bot wasn't able to do was read your recipes-until today.
Google Assistant began life in the Google Allo app before spreading to Google's Pixel phones, Android Wear watches, and other Android smartphones.
"With this SDK you can now start building your own hardware prototypes that include the Google Assistant, like a self-built robot or a voice-enabled smart mirror", Google said in a blog post. The SDK allows you to capture a spoken query, for example "what's on my calendar", pass that up to the Google Assistant service and receive an audio response. If you need to repeat something, just ask Google to repeat the last step.
Twitter Surges after Adding More New Users
Twitter's revenue dropped to $548 million, which is an 8 percent decline compared to the same period a year ago . Optimists, however, noted that this was better than most Wall Street analysts were expecting.
And if you have already bought a Chromecast - you can control the content playing on your television with a voice command to your Google Home. All recipes have been indexed from The New York Times, Bon Appetite, the Food Network, and a host of others. Google will also answer any questions you have along the way. Once the user is ready to cook, they will have to use the command "Ok Google, start cooking" or "Ok Google, start recipe". But if you simply like playing around and making DIY smart home projects, this could certainly be worth taking a look. Using the speaker after the recipe is not a hard thing to do.
Google Home review - the future of the home?
To further assist developers who opt for Assistant on third-party device integration, Google has created a developer community on Google+. That will come later, Google says: "Over time, we'll also be adding commercialization capabilities, guidelines, and technologies".
- Cespedes hurt in Mets' 6th straight loss, 7-5 to Braves
- Manny Machado 'Wasn't Expecting' Red Sox To Retaliate For 'Good Slide'
- Illinois House Approves Public Funding for Abortions
- Venezuela pro-government protester dies, raising toll to 21
- BOJ keeps monetary policy unchanged, says 2020 Games to help
- Warren Sapp calls Myles Garrett "a lazy kid"
- Trump says national monuments are a 'massive federal land grab'
- Ewe, get a womb! Docs grow baby lambs in shrink-wrap plastic bags
- Messi gets 500th career goal for Barca
- Venezuela threatens to exit OAS as pressure on Maduro mounts