The Saints open the season with a primetime matchup in Minnesota, where he spent his first 10 years, and where he became a superstar. General manager Rick Spielman said then the door was still open for Peterson to return but then announced Peterson wouldn't be back after the Vikings signed running back Latavius Murray as a free agent March 16. If Peterson can help the Saints chew up clock late in games, more power to him and the Saints organization.
Elsewhere • The Chiefs waived Jaye Howard with a failed physical designation after the defensive tackle was limited to eight games because of a hip injury last season. Ingram is four years younger than Peterson and coming off of a season where he ran for 1,043 yards at 5.1 yards per carry. He had 577 yards rushing and scored nine touchdowns over the past two seasons.
With the NFL Draft just a few days away, there have been plenty of New England Patriots rumors about what will happen with two key pieces.
Adding a proven running back in Peterson could help establish more balance in the Saints offense, possibly aiding its lackluster, but improving defense.
The Patriots will likely have one of the best cornerback duos in the league next season.
Saudis reinstate public sector perks after 7-month cutback
Minister of Telecommunications and IT Mohammed Al-Suwaiyel has been replaced by Abdullah bin Amer Al-Sawaha. The Saudi stock index, last at 6,899 points, faces technical resistance at the April peak of 7,107 points.
Ian Rapoport gets a lot of New Orleans Saints news very wrong.
The 32-year old running back still hasn't put pen to paper but all signs point to this deal being finalized sooner than later.
Instead, Tampa Bay will probably spend a draft pick on a running back later this week. That is according to an ESPN report. Ingram rushed for over 1,000 yards in 2016, becoming the first Saints player to reach that mark since Deuce McAllister in 2006.
An undrafted free agent out of Nebraska, Compton appeared in one game with Washington in 2013 but has missed just one game over the past three seasons.
- Mnuchin says will unveil tax reform plan 'very soon'
- Florida unemployment rate drops to 4.8 percent
- Wildfires rage across Florida, destroying homes and displacing thousands
- Modi pitches for justice to Muslim women
- DeMarre Carroll does not impress in game 3
- Delhi School Boy Celebrating Last Exam Rams Car Into Pavement, 1 Killed
- York police arrest over 100 men in child prostitution investigation
- Moto Z2 Play Press renders Leaked
- Running back Mike Gillislee officially a Patriot
- Volkswagen to pay US$2.8 billion in U.S. diesel emission scandal