Stephens, who had no prior criminal record, was not suspected in any other killings, Cleveland officials said.
Around 11am Tuesday, Stephens went through a McDonald's drive-thru in Erie, Pennsylvania, where an employee recognized him from television reports and called 911.
Authorities in several states are on the lookout for a man police say shot a Cleveland retiree collecting aluminum cans and then posted video of the apparently random killing on Facebook. Facebook has come under fire for leaving up the disturbing video for about two hours before it was taken down.
PBS NewsHour will update this story as it develops. The company has since announced it is launching a review for reporting harmful content.
One of Godwin's daughters, Debbie, said she wished Stephens had been apprehended.
US carrier heading toward Korean Peninsula
But Pence said forcefully responding to chemical attacks from President Bashar al-Assad's regime was the correct thing to do. Tensions between the two nations have been fraught throughout Trump's presidency of nearly three months.
"Stephens posted a video of himself killing Robert Godwin Sr., a former foundry worker who had ten children, police said".
A nationwide manhunt in the US came to an end Tuesday when a man accused of posting a murder video on Facebook shot himself after a short police chase, authorities said.
Police say the 37-year-old Stephens had a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
Police initially reported that Stephens broadcast the murder on Facebook Live.
"We have a lot of work (to do) and we will keep doing all we can to prevent tragedies like this from happening", Zuckerberg said during his F8 keynote in San Jose, California. When authorities tried to pull him over, he shot and killed himself.
- Alaskan oil well leaking gas
- GM announces China version of hybrid Volt
- Panthers sign DT Kawann Short to 5-year extension
- Tuesday weather: Showers likely, thunderstorms possible
- UC Berkeley calls off Ann Coulter talk for security reasons
- Kylie Jenner Cozies Up to New Man at Coachella -- Sorry, Tyga
- Trump Approval Rating Sees Modest Rise After Military Strikes
- Coachella crowds urged to keep cellphones safe
- Operation to reclaim Mosul displaces almost half a million
- NBA PM: Rondo Leading an Improbable Bulls Run