"We had hoped that the NCAA would stand with the LGBT community. I also want to acknowledge and thank the sports committees that reviewed these exceptional bids and made the selections based on providing the best possible experience for our student-athletes, coaches and spectators", said Comstock. Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland will host first and second round NCAA men's basketball tournament games in 2020, while PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh has NCAA men's basketball first and second round games slated for 2022.
Visit Winston-Salem projected the indoor track championship will account for 1,000 hotel room nights and an economic impact of more than $770,000 for the March 12-13, 2021, event.
Altogether, there were 10 Division I championship events selected for North Carolina venues, as well as five Div. II events and eight Div. III events.
Swimming & Diving: The 2018 ACC Women's Swiming & Diving Championships will be held February 14-17 at the Greensboro Aquatic Center.
In 2020, N.C. State will host a women's gymnastics regional.
The most noteworthy loss was Greensboro being stripped of the 2017 subregional.
The games, which will officially be hosted by the Ohio Athletic Conference and Canton Stark Convention and Visitors Bureau, will be held on the third Friday or Saturday of December 2020 and 2021.
Coachella crowds urged to keep cellphones safe
A man who stole over 100 phones from revellers at Coachella music festival was caught by people using the Find My iPhone feature. Cops then arrived and arrested Henao with a backpack containing more than 100 cellphones, police said.
Charlotte, which had submitted bids to host men's basketball tournaments for three years, was not selected. Cincinnati also will host first- and second-round action, marking the first time in 30 years the tournament will have been staged there.
- The ACC on Wednesday outlined the terms under which college sports championships would return to competition in North Carolina, including extending the contracts of state venues that missed out during the ban. Columbia, South Carolina, last hosted games in 1970, while Hartford, Connecticut, has not served as host since 1998.
Of note, SUNYAC and Buffalo State will host the 2020 NCAA Division III men's ice hockey championship at HarborCenter in Buffalo.
The affected events included this year's Division I Men's Basketball Championship first and second rounds, which were held last month.
Mount Olive and Cary will host the Division II Baseball Championship in 2019 through 2022.
Another site that came out a victor, despite not being listed by the NCAA on future hosting sites, was Charlotte.
The NCAA on Tuesday awarded a Division I men's basketball regional to Jacksonville for 2019, which will mark the fourth time in 13years the city has been a part of what has become known as "The Big Dance" or "March Madness".
- Hydrogen fuel cell cars creep up _ slowly _ on electrics
- Talk-radio host Alex Jones argues persona in custody dispute
- Pence to visit mosque in Indonesian capital
- Oil Prices Down, US Drilling Up
- Panthers sign DT Kawann Short to 5-year extension
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat update reportedly rolling out to Nokia 6
- Alaskan oil well leaking gas
- Pence to North Korea: 'Era of strategic patience is over'
- Palestinians in Israeli jails launch mass hunger strike
- New Book: Obama Had to Push Hillary to Concede 2016 Election