Wednesday, 26 April 2017
Latest news
Main » Coachella crowds urged to keep cellphones safe

Coachella crowds urged to keep cellphones safe

19 April 2017

Reinaldo De Jesus Henao, a resident of NY, was arrested on Friday after police recovered a backpack stuffed with smartphones he had stolen during the music festival. But, they then started tracking their devices using the Find My iPhone and all the phones pointed towards Reinaldo de Jesus Henao, a 36-year old man from NY.

A man who stole over 100 phones from revellers at Coachella music festival was caught by people using the Find My iPhone feature.

Several phones had been returned immediately, the police added. Cops then arrived and arrested Henao with a backpack containing more than 100 cellphones, police said.

Henao clearly didn't reckon with Coachella's techy-savvy millennials, who turned to Apple's Find my iPhone app to track their stolen devices.

Police ID 4 found slain in park in suspected gang killing
Mickens tried to fight off the kidnappers and both of the teenage girls were killed. "I don't know if this is my son or not". The FBI is helping in Suffolk, but the feds have been on the case as MS-13's tentacles spread across the nation.

"I noticed some chatter on social media about phones disappearing on Reddit", said Indio Police Sergeant Dan Marshall in an interview with Gizmodo.

Many victims apparently used the "Find My Phone" app and tracked the perp, 36-year-old Reinaldo De Jesus Henao, through the venue and he was quickly detained by security officers.

Police are warning people attending the giant Coachella music festival in the Southern California desert to take measures to safeguard their cellphones.

Henao was arrested and charged on suspicion of grand theft and receiving stolen property. Henao posted bail and was released from custody.

Coachella crowds urged to keep cellphones safe