Kawann Short gets paid in Carolina.
The Panthers announced Monday that the team signed Short, who is now under contract with the Panthers through the 2021 season. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, that deal is worth $80 million in total.
The Panthers placed the franchise tag on Short in February. Rockets beat up Thunder in all facetsDavis tips his hat to Thomas for playingOn this date: Bonds belts 500th homerRebounding and tempo the keys to Bull.
That foundation paved the way for a breakout 2015 season; Short recorded a career-high 11 sacks to earn an invitation to the Pro Bowl and Second Team All-Pro honors for the NFC Champion Panthers. The contract averages $16 million per season, which puts Short in the neighborhood of Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, and just behind the gargantuan salaries of Ndamukong Suh and Fletcher Cox.
USA troops to help Somalia fight al-Shabab
A fragile government relies on worldwide backing and the security of a 22,000-strong African Union peacekeeping force. Meanwhile, fighters pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group have emerged in the northern part of the country.
No "Josh Norman" situation to see here. That ranks him third among all defensive tackles in the NFL.
"KK has been very important to what we've been able to accomplish on defence", Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman said. "I'm absolutely thrilled that we were able to get this deal done".
"The mismatches he creates for us on defense force opponents to be aware of him at all times and give us an edge along the defensive line", Rivera said.
He has also registered nine passes defensed, six forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries over his four seasons. Between a happy Kawann Short, Star Lotulelei on his 5th year option, and Vernon Butler on his second year in the league, the Panthers rotation looks to be stacked this year and for the future.
- OnePlus 3T vs Galaxy A7(2017) vs Nexus 6P: Mid-budget Android tussle
- David Villa scores a screamer from 50 yards
- Uber says net revenue outpaced losses in 2016
- Els on the Masters: 'This tournament was just not for me'
- Trump pulls his punches on China and Germany
- Finn Balor Reportedly Injured at Raw
- Google reaches out-of-court deal with Russian Federation in Android case (YNDX)
- Elite men, bulk of field start Boston Marathon
- Cristiano Ronaldo: "The two goals in Munich were incredible"
- Hydrogen fuel cell cars creep up _ slowly _ on electrics