The new update will upgrade the smartphone to Android Nougat 7.1.1 confirming the promise to keep the software updated. HMD Global (which owns the Nokia brand and is comprised of former Nokia people) has as many as five additional Android phones in store for 2017. The Nokia 6 is reportedly receiving a latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat update. BTW, did we mention that Nokia 6 is now one of the very few phones to run Android 7.1.1? It also adds an update for the phone's USB drivers and for some of its pre-loaded apps.
"Android 7.1.1 Nougat update is being rolled out to the Nokia 6 users as we speak", reported the publication.
USA troops to help Somalia fight al-Shabab
A fragile government relies on worldwide backing and the security of a 22,000-strong African Union peacekeeping force. Meanwhile, fighters pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group have emerged in the northern part of the country.
Nokia 6 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update: What's New? The update is of around 370 MB in size which is there to fix a number of bugs and other unwanted codes from the device. Some preloaded apps on the smartphone also get updated. Along with these new features and improvements is the installation of April 2017 security patch for Nokia 6, the latest security patch available from Google. Both the Nokia 8 and the Nokia 9 are expected to be announced by the end of the second quarter, while the devices could be introduced later. It waited a while before releasing new Nokia phones that are powered by Android this time. Rumors have stated that Nokia 9 will feature a 5.5-inch display with a 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution and a price tag of about $699. Instead, the company took the wraps off three mid-end Android smartphones - the Nokia 6, 5 and 3, alongside a revamped version of Nokia 3310. The Nokia 6 has been crafted from aluminum and houses a Snapdragon 430 processor. Speaking of storage capacity, it has 4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal memory, besides having the option of an expandable memory of up to 128GB through microSD.
The Nokia 6 also has a 16-megapixel primary camera and an 8-megapixel secondary camera. It also houses a fingerprint scanner, which is embedded in its home button.
- 1 year to go: Gold Coast counts down to Commonwealth Games
- How to Activate YouTube Dark Mode in Windows 10 & macOS
- Finn Balor Reportedly Injured at Raw
- DNA leads to arrest in murder of jogger in Massachusetts
- Are US-Russia relations at 'all-time low?' Trump says so
- MMJ Regulation Bill Has Seen Many Amendments So Far in Montana Legislature
- OnePlus 3T vs Galaxy A7(2017) vs Nexus 6P: Mid-budget Android tussle
- Tusk, May to maintain regular contact during Brexit negotiations
- David Villa scores a screamer from 50 yards
- Russia Relations May Be At An 'All-Time Low'