If you're anything like me then when you get into bed at night one of the first things you do is pop open a new tab and load up YouTube like some weird insomniac vampire who needs videos about dogs to survive.
First spotted by a redditor named _paul-, dark mode is only available on the most recent version of Google Chrome, the Next Web reports. Reddit discovered a console edit in Chrome 57 for Windows and macOS that enables a toggle switch in settings to flip everything from the red and white you're used to into shades of black and grey.
The YouTube website's abundance of white light doesn't make for the most comfortable for viewing at night.
Close the developer window and refresh the page.
The Trackhawk is the Hellcat-powered Jeep of your dreams (or nightmares)
At the back, the angry Cherokee features a gloss black rear valence that showcases its four-inch "black chrome" quad exhaust tips. All in all, this auto is listed as the most powerful SUV, among Porsche Cayenne, Bentley Bentayga, and Mercedes-Benz's G-class.
If that all sounds like too much work for you, there are already Chrome extensions like ImprovedTube that will add something similar to this mode.
You may have already seen the new YouTube layout before but you should be aware that the hack above will give you the dark theme and give you the new layout which introduces larger buttons among other things.
YouTube is now testing out a Dark Mode for both Windows 10 and macOS. Let us know your thoughts down in the comments.
- Tusk, May to maintain regular contact during Brexit negotiations
- Mets' special event uniforms have been announced
- Russia Relations May Be At An 'All-Time Low'
- Taiwan bans eating dog and cat meat
- MMJ Regulation Bill Has Seen Many Amendments So Far in Montana Legislature
- Finn Balor Reportedly Injured at Raw
- Teen's tweet for free Wendy's nuggets could be most retweeted ever
- 1 year to go: Gold Coast counts down to Commonwealth Games
- Dave Chappelle and John Mayer Paid a Musical Tribute to Charlie Murphy
- IPL-10: Mumbai aim to deny Sunrisers hattrick of wins