If you're anything like me then when you get into bed at night one of the first things you do is pop open a new tab and load up YouTube like some weird insomniac vampire who needs videos about dogs to survive.
First spotted by a redditor named _paul-, dark mode is only available on the most recent version of Google Chrome, the Next Web reports. Reddit discovered a console edit in Chrome 57 for Windows and macOS that enables a toggle switch in settings to flip everything from the red and white you're used to into shades of black and grey.
The YouTube website's abundance of white light doesn't make for the most comfortable for viewing at night.
Close the developer window and refresh the page.
Unseasonably Warm through Easter
This pattern will be repeated on Easter Monday with highs of 11C-15C as high pressure starts to edge across the south of the UK. A warm front approaches Saturday night bringing another chance for showers followed by a warm and windy Easter Sunday .
If that all sounds like too much work for you, there are already Chrome extensions like ImprovedTube that will add something similar to this mode.
You may have already seen the new YouTube layout before but you should be aware that the hack above will give you the dark theme and give you the new layout which introduces larger buttons among other things.
YouTube is now testing out a Dark Mode for both Windows 10 and macOS. Let us know your thoughts down in the comments.
- 1 year to go: Gold Coast counts down to Commonwealth Games
- Young Yankees ready to return for home opener
- Finn Balor Reportedly Injured at Raw
- Senate Confirms Neil Gorsuch to Supreme Court
- Taiwan bans eating dog and cat meat
- Dave Chappelle and John Mayer Paid a Musical Tribute to Charlie Murphy
- Chinese foreign minister: No winners if Korea war breaks out
- The Trackhawk is the Hellcat-powered Jeep of your dreams (or nightmares)
- Mets' special event uniforms have been announced
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Nougat Update Insults S7 Users