English edition of Asharq Al-Awsat - the world's premier pan-Arab daily.
China is more than a little anxious about the escalating situation in North Korea with China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi warning that a conflict could break out "at any moment". According to the resolution at that time, Israel had the right to statehood, Palestine also had the right to statehood.
Wang further noted the urgency of restarting Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, which remain stalled in the face of Israel's continued construction of illegal settlements and a USA administration seemingly hell-bent on entrenching the most extreme of Israel's apartheid policies.
Maliki said Palestinians appreciated and welcomed China's efforts to facilitate peace. The Israeli government refuses to recognize Palestine as an independent political and diplomatic entity, building settlements on the occupied areas despite objections from the United Nations.
Terming it unfair, the Chinese Foreign Minister said this kind of historical injustice must be corrected as it can not continue.
New Venezuela clashes erupt as Maduro seeks support in Cuba
The announcement on Friday that Mr Capriles had been banned from public office for 15 years triggered further protests . The freedom of assembly is a universal human right which the Venezuelan authorities must respect.
He also spoke on the continuous Israeli violations against the Palestinians, especially Jewish settlements' expansion in Palestinian territories, to which Wang responded by affirming the necessity of finding a just and comprehensive solution to the conflict.
However, after 70 years, what we can see is that Palestinian brothers have yet to establish an independent country with full sovereignty.
"We do like to see more Chinese involvement in bringing about a peace agreement between Israel and Palestine".
Beijing has traditionally had a good relationship with the Palestinians.
A press release from Prime Minister Netanyahu's office meanwhile focused on the development of "a comprehensive innovation partnership between China and Israel".
- MMJ Regulation Bill Has Seen Many Amendments So Far in Montana Legislature
- Sensex recovers 155 points in late morning trade
- Finn Balor Reportedly Injured at Raw
- Delta cancels flights for third day after storm hits Atlanta
- IPL-10: Mumbai aim to deny Sunrisers hattrick of wins
- Young Yankees ready to return for home opener
- Mets' special event uniforms have been announced
- The Trackhawk is the Hellcat-powered Jeep of your dreams (or nightmares)
- ABC news anchor's reaction after being caught daydreaming is priceless! (Watch Video)
- What are your experiences of HIV prevention drug PrEP?