English edition of Asharq Al-Awsat - the world's premier pan-Arab daily.
China is more than a little anxious about the escalating situation in North Korea with China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi warning that a conflict could break out "at any moment". According to the resolution at that time, Israel had the right to statehood, Palestine also had the right to statehood.
Wang further noted the urgency of restarting Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, which remain stalled in the face of Israel's continued construction of illegal settlements and a USA administration seemingly hell-bent on entrenching the most extreme of Israel's apartheid policies.
Maliki said Palestinians appreciated and welcomed China's efforts to facilitate peace. The Israeli government refuses to recognize Palestine as an independent political and diplomatic entity, building settlements on the occupied areas despite objections from the United Nations.
Terming it unfair, the Chinese Foreign Minister said this kind of historical injustice must be corrected as it can not continue.
Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham's Dele Alli can be better than Barca's Neymar
Antonio Conte's side beat Bournemouth later that day to restore its seven-point advantage with seven games remaining this season. That's what Dele has got to try and do is get goals season-in, season-out.
He also spoke on the continuous Israeli violations against the Palestinians, especially Jewish settlements' expansion in Palestinian territories, to which Wang responded by affirming the necessity of finding a just and comprehensive solution to the conflict.
However, after 70 years, what we can see is that Palestinian brothers have yet to establish an independent country with full sovereignty.
"We do like to see more Chinese involvement in bringing about a peace agreement between Israel and Palestine".
Beijing has traditionally had a good relationship with the Palestinians.
A press release from Prime Minister Netanyahu's office meanwhile focused on the development of "a comprehensive innovation partnership between China and Israel".
- Els on the Masters: 'This tournament was just not for me'
- New Orleans Saints preseason schedule opens at the Browns
- Teen's tweet for free Wendy's nuggets could be most retweeted ever
- Yankees worth big league-high $3.7 billion
- WWE superstar and MI native Rhyno now on 'Monday Night Raw'
- Senate Confirms Neil Gorsuch to Supreme Court
- OnePlus 3T vs Galaxy A7(2017) vs Nexus 6P: Mid-budget Android tussle
- What are your experiences of HIV prevention drug PrEP?
- 1 year to go: Gold Coast counts down to Commonwealth Games
- Young Yankees ready to return for home opener