16-year-old Carter Wilkerson needs 18 million retweets for a year of free nuggets. "One of the Victoria's Secret angels retweeted it and told me she'd take me in NY and get me a frosty", Wilkerson says.
With 3.3 million retweets, the most retweeted record holder right now is talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, which is a group selfie taken by Bradly Cooper at the Oscars award show in 2014.
However, Carter didn't think his post would be as successful.
"I said I wouldn't even get to a million but now I'm at 2.5 so who knows maybe it'll explode again". "Then I put the screen shot up and it started gaining momentum", he said. He took a screenshot of his exchange with Wendy's and asked the internet to help make his nuggety-filled dreams come true.
New Orleans Saints preseason schedule opens at the Browns
The exact day and kickoff times for the games against the Saints, Buccaneers and Bears will be announced at a later date. During that span, the Bears lead the series, 7-6, but the Browns own a 19-13 edge in the all-time preseason series.
A teen's plea for a year of free chicken nuggets could soon become the most-retweeted tweet in history.
"I thought "Consider it done" would be amusing among my friend group". Twitter has 313 million monthly active users, and Carter will need to be retweeted by 5.8% of them. The reaction has been "pretty cool", he says, with his father adding that he hopes they can work out some kind of charitable giveaway with Wendy's when the retweeting subsides. We will update the story if Wendy's responds.
Carter said he's received a lot of renewed attention at school both in the hallways and in class. "When I walk in, people say, 'He's the chicken nugget man, ' and it'll go on for a few minutes and then it'll settle down and we get to work".
United Airlines have offered to fly Wilkerson to anywhere in the world where Wendy's serves chicken nuggets.
- Leonard Fournette still in play as No. 1 overall pick
- Delta cancels flights for third day after storm hits Atlanta
- Ferrari's Win In F1 Australian GP Paints Clear Picture Of 2017 Championship
- Taiwan bans eating dog and cat meat
- New Venezuela clashes erupt as Maduro seeks support in Cuba
- Unseasonably Warm through Easter
- Marshawn Lynch Smacks Phone from Fan at LAX, Spits
- March Madness: Gonzaga holds off SC to reach final
- Meet Putter, the ice cream-loving squirrel
- PM lauds BJP's impressive show in State polls