Five of the seven teams who earned more revenue a year ago than the Phillies made the playoffs.
Notably, the Phillies led Major League Baseball in operating income with a surplus of $87.7 million.
Overall, the Tigers are worth $1.2 billion, according to Forbes. That's up from $142.3 million or 8.3% from last season.
But in the past seven seasons, Forbes projects the value of the Cubs as having increased by more than 180 percent, factoring for inflation.
That added capital should work wonders for the team over the next two decades.
Does Boris Johnson look 'daft' after pulling out of Russian Federation meeting?
Saturday's phone call was the first between the top diplomats of Russian Federation and the U.S. since the strikes on the Syrian airfield.
The Mets ranked sixth on the list - after the Dodgers, Red Sox, Cubs and Giants - at an estimated value of $2 billion, with revenue of $332 million and operating income of $31.7 million. The Padres are one of 23 clubs worth at least $1 billion.
The Yankees were ranked as the most valuable franchise - no surprise there - at $3.7 billion.
According to the annual valuation rankings from Forbes, the average value of an Major League Baseball franchise jumped 19% in the past year thanks to local TV deals, rising profits and MLB's expanded focus on branching out with new technologies. It is the second-highest average value behind only the NFL. That said, if the team plays well, more people will come to the park and prices can be increased for tickets, merchandise and ads.
However, Forbes also pointed out that trend may not continue considering the luxury tax will be raised over the next few seasons. Michael Ilitch bought the team for $85 million in 1992 and had in recent years authorized a payroll among the highest in baseball.
- IPL 2017 5th Match: Jadhav stars as Royal Challengrs take down Daredevils
- 2 inmates charged with killing 4 in South Carolina prison
- Indian bonds see biggest fall in two months; rupee gains on RBI
- Ferrari's Win In F1 Australian GP Paints Clear Picture Of 2017 Championship
- Delta cancels flights for third day after storm hits Atlanta
- North Korea fires ballistic missile ahead of Trump-Xi meeting
- ABC news anchor's reaction after being caught daydreaming is priceless! (Watch Video)
- Garrett dazzles in debut, Reds beat Cardinals 2-0
- March Madness: Gonzaga holds off SC to reach final
- Wichita State officially on the move to the American Athletic Conference