The Australian newsreader caught napping - or more accurately: staring at her pen - has reportedly been banned from further live appearances.
On Tuesday, ABC Director of News Gaven Morris denied Exelby had been punished, but said she was not now scheduled for any news reading shifts.
Not only have the public rallied to her support, but fellow Australian journalists have also been showing solidarity by posting examples of their own on-air cock ups under the hashtag #PutYourBloopersOut. "Myself and my mesmerizing pen honorably salute you". "No one would ever be punished for a blooper and, while it isn't appropriate to publicly discuss confidential details of people's personal work arrangements, this has not happened to Natasha", he said.
Ater an audible gasp, the television presenter regains her composure quickly.
While Exelby told News Corp: "It would be inappropriate for me to comment". But most of us aren't caught on live television. "She has been booked for occasional on-air shifts when needed, and also does other occasional shifts for the ABC News channel".
US soldier killed in Afghanistan amid operations against Islamic State
US officials say intelligence suggests Islamic State is based overwhelmingly in Nangarhar and neighboring Kunar province. Since then, Afghan forces have led most counter-terrorism operation across the country.
The seasoned journalist herself has taken all the attention with good grace and admitted the gaffe wasn't perhaps "her finest hour".
As soon as she realised the camera was back on her, Exelby got a bit of a shock.
Opposition Leader Bill Shorten took to Twitter to oppose the decision to bone Exelby. And why didn't the floor staff notice that she was away with the fairies?
Ten presenter Tracey Spicer admitted: "I fainted twice and said "f***" once".
Exelby is an experienced TV reporter who has previously presented the news on Channel 10.
- PM lauds BJP's impressive show in State polls
- Does Boris Johnson look 'daft' after pulling out of Russian Federation meeting?
- In Georgia race, Republicans battle as Democrat chases upset
- Wichita State officially on the move to the American Athletic Conference
- GOP member of House Intelligence Committee claims 'unmasked' reports were detailed
- Delta cancels flights for third day after storm hits Atlanta
- Ferrari's Win In F1 Australian GP Paints Clear Picture Of 2017 Championship
- March Madness: Gonzaga holds off SC to reach final
- Trial of Samsung Heir Focuses on Father-to-son Succession
- Samsung launches Galaxy C7 Pro in India, priced Rs 27990