Officials from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division charged two inmates with murder after four inmates were found dead at Kirkland Correctional Institution in Columbia Friday.
The Department of Corrections did not say how the inmates died.
The bodies of the four dead men were found at 10:35 a.m. Friday.
Jimmy Ham: sentenced in 2006 in Darlington County to two counts of burglary, grand larceny, and assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature.
China, Cherry Coke, and the Oracle of Omaha
Finance, Warren Buffett chimed in on his celebrity , saying he owed it to the rising interest of the Chinese in stock trading. According to CNBC, he said he consumed some 700 calories of Coke a day, and joked he was "about one-quarter Coca-Cola ".
Simmons and Philip are now serving life sentences for unrelated double murders. Police say after Simmons and Philip lured Ham into a cell, Philip allegedly attacked him from behind and strangled him while Simmons beat and stabbed him with a broken broomstick.
The Corrections Department will conduct an internal investigation into the killings after the criminal investigation is finished, Corrections Department Director Bryan Stirling told The Associated Press on Saturday. Scruggs was serving a life sentence in prison while the other three inmates were all due to be released within the next three years.
The warrants gave no reason for the attack or how long the killings took. Stirling did not say how they died or release any further information. The charge carries a penalty upon conviction for each count of death or a minimum of 30 years to life in prison. An investigation by the paper found that under-staffing at the state's prisons has led to unsafe conditions that affects not only the inmates and guards but also the public. It is also home to a Maximum Security Unit, where the most risky and violent prisoners are housed. Scheduled release date: October 6, 2020.
Philip was arrested in 2013 for the killings of his 26-year-old girlfriend and her 8-year-old daughter in Berkeley County, according to reports by WCIV.
- Motives for North Korea's latest missile test
- Garrett dazzles in debut, Reds beat Cardinals 2-0
- North Korea Test-fires Missile Into Sea Ahead Of Trump-Xi Summit
- O'Reilly book offers tips on how to treat women
- Adidas unveils new 3D printed shoe
- North Korea fires ballistic missile ahead of Trump-Xi meeting
- Concerned about White House infighting, Trump eyes shake-up
- Attorney: Mayor not being truthful about claims
- Spotify is planning a direct listing of its shares - not an IPO
- Sensex slips 47 points as RBI holds policy rate