Officials from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division charged two inmates with murder after four inmates were found dead at Kirkland Correctional Institution in Columbia Friday.
The Department of Corrections did not say how the inmates died.
The bodies of the four dead men were found at 10:35 a.m. Friday.
Jimmy Ham: sentenced in 2006 in Darlington County to two counts of burglary, grand larceny, and assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature.
Motives for North Korea's latest missile test
The government today condemned the launch of the medium-range ballistic missile by the North Korea into the Sea of Japan. This week Trump told the Financial Times , "China will either decide to help us with North Korea, or they won't".
Simmons and Philip are now serving life sentences for unrelated double murders. Police say after Simmons and Philip lured Ham into a cell, Philip allegedly attacked him from behind and strangled him while Simmons beat and stabbed him with a broken broomstick.
The Corrections Department will conduct an internal investigation into the killings after the criminal investigation is finished, Corrections Department Director Bryan Stirling told The Associated Press on Saturday. Scruggs was serving a life sentence in prison while the other three inmates were all due to be released within the next three years.
The warrants gave no reason for the attack or how long the killings took. Stirling did not say how they died or release any further information. The charge carries a penalty upon conviction for each count of death or a minimum of 30 years to life in prison. An investigation by the paper found that under-staffing at the state's prisons has led to unsafe conditions that affects not only the inmates and guards but also the public. It is also home to a Maximum Security Unit, where the most risky and violent prisoners are housed. Scheduled release date: October 6, 2020.
Philip was arrested in 2013 for the killings of his 26-year-old girlfriend and her 8-year-old daughter in Berkeley County, according to reports by WCIV.
- Michael Caine Cites Winston Churchill With 'Going In Style' Advice
- Form Tottenham relishing chase of Chelsea
- Sensex slips 47 points as RBI holds policy rate
- Schools close amid Wisconsin manhunt for gun theft suspect
- Misbah to retire from global cricket after West Indies Test series
- Head of Trump-Russia probe under fire, won't step down
- Wichita State officially on the move to the American Athletic Conference
- Christie Halts Payments To Amtrak, Calls For Inspection Following Penn Station Derailment
- Angels' Garrett Richards leaves early after highly-anticipated start
- Oakland Coliseum apparently doesn't want Raiders to return in 2019