Over 4 2/3 scoreless innings, he sat in the 96-97 miles per hour range with his fastball and allowed three hits and a walk while striking out for batters. I felt good tonight. "It was kind of a long inning and I kind of stiffened up a bit, but nothing to be anxious about".
It appeared that Richards had re-injured the elbow, but the Angels released a subsequent update that the pitcher had merely suffered from cramping in his right biceps and was removed as a precaution.
The roster move is retroactive to Thursday, making Richards eligible to return April 16. The Angels went on to win the game with a 5-0 victory over the A's. "He got the first one out of the way", Scioscia said. It's probably, obviously, more focus on it to what happened to Matt a year ago.
UN chief: More funding needed for Iraq programs
The blast, which hit the checkpoint at the main southern entrance to the city on Wednesday night, also wounded at least 36 people. Officials and witnesses have said that air strikes have taken a devastating toll on them.
Axford, 34, was warming up Tuesday night to potentially enter the game against the Angels when he felt tightness in his shoulder after throwing a curveball. RHP Jesse Hahn was recalled from Triple-A Nashville and will be used "for a little bit more length to have a starter back there", Melvin said.
Richards was making his first start since undergoing biometrics surgery to correct a torn ligament in his pitching elbow that occurred past year. Bassitt is scheduled to pitch to hitters again Sunday at Class A Stockton and expects to be pitching in rehab games next month. He made it through spring training solidly, but left his season-opening start at Oakland in the fifth inning Wednesday with pain in his arm.
- China, Cherry Coke, and the Oracle of Omaha
- Why Taylor Swift has stepped away from the spotlight
- With Photo Matching, Facebook Aims To Help Stop Revenge Porn
- Tyler Clinton, Bill and Hillary's Nephew, Signs Modeling Contract
- Spotify is planning a direct listing of its shares - not an IPO
- Comcast Announces $65/Month Unlimited Xfinity Mobile Service For Phones
- Secret Service Agent Suspended For Soliciting Prostitute
- Gov. Brown declares drought over, issues conservation orders
- Form Tottenham relishing chase of Chelsea
- Lloyds Banking Group plc (LYG) has a 52-Week High of $4.42