Global cues were lower as well. Heavy selling pressure was witnessed in consumer durables, healthcare and FMCG sectors.
Similarly, the Nifty touched 9,273.90 points on foreign fund inflows.
The BSE 30-share index hit a high of 30,007.48 in intra-day trade, but slipped to 29,817.69 before settling at 29,974.24, up 64.02 points or 0.21 per cent.
According to market observers, gains could have been higher had it not been for the monetary policy to be announced tomorrow.
Reserve Bank left its benchmark lending rate unchanged at 6.25% for the third monetary policy review in a row today citing upside risk to inflation.
Asian markets fell, tracking losses on Wall Street after the Federal Reserve released its March Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) minutes which was viewed as hawkish.
HDFC Securities said, "Indian equity markets are likely to open on a flat to negative note following Asian cues".Читайте также: Wenger: Draw will help rebuild confidence
Anand James, Chief Market Strategist, Geojit Financial Services, said: "With no major surprises from RBI, markets stabilised, but will await the NPA (non-performing assets) resolution measures that is widely expected shortly". "Q4 numbers should take centre stage from here on, but global cues could also hold sway in the coming days specially with United States markets beginning to show vulnerability ahead of jobs data", said Anand James, Chief Market Strategist, Geojit Financial Services Ltd.
The Rupee closed 36 paise higher at 64.51 against the US Dollar.
Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) were net buyers in the equity segment worth Rs 1.42 billion on both BSE, NSE and MCX-SX on April 6, as per provisional data available at the BSE.
"Profit booking pressurised the market at higher levels".
Top gainers in the Sensex-30 pack: Tata Steel (up 1.7 per cent), Reliance Industries (up 1.7 per cent), Bajaj Auto (up 1.5 per cent), Power Grid (up 1.3 per cent) and Gail (up 1.1 per cent).
BSE Sensex on Thursday ended in red as it fell 63 points at 29,911.37 after RBI policy meet.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Secret Service Agent Suspended For Soliciting Prostitute
- Are The Magic Targeting Pistons Players? Leaked Offseason Plans Suggest So
- NJ Transit Train Derailed at Penn Station
- Obama aide Rice denies using intel to spy on Trump advisers
- China, Cherry Coke, and the Oracle of Omaha
- Lloyds Banking Group plc (LYG) has a 52-Week High of $4.42
- UN chief: More funding needed for Iraq programs
- Cost of renewables fell in 2016, lowering global investment in clean energy
- Axon offers police free body cameras to speed company's growth
- Padres look to bounce back after tough opening loss against Dodgers