The Knicks point guard is being shut down after he suffered a torn meniscus, the team announced, which will require arthroscopic surgery.
Those close to Rose expect him to be at full health two months after the surgery, which will be scheduled shortly.
Rose, who previously said he would like to return to NY, missed the Knicks' previous two games with what the team described as soreness and swelling.
Knee injuries have been a serious issue for Rose throughout his career.
Judge Approves Plan on Fix for 18000 Flint Water Lines
Flint Mayor Karen Weaver tells Detroit Today producer Jake Neher she hopes it marks the beginning of the end of the crisis. A federal judge for the state of MI has agreed to spend $ 97 million to replace the city's damaged water pipes.
Derrick Rose is done for the season after an MRI discovered a small tear in his meniscus. He expected to return to the court shortly.
The team has already been eliminated from the playoffs, and there are only six games left in the regular season, but there is obvious concern about Rose's future as he heads into free agency this summer. Prior to the injury, the Knicks hadn't ruled out the possibility of bringing Rose back for next season, according to sources.
"You have to think about all that in the offseason, " Rose said last month, via the New York Post. The Knicks sent the Bulls center Robin Lopez and guard Jerian Grant in the deal. He played in 130 of 164 games the past two seasons - averaging 18.0 points and 4.4 assists in 2016-17 - after missing 212 of 312 the previous four years with the Bulls. "I'll be a free agent".
- Gibraltar outraged that Spain has veto power over its future
- Lance Stephenson Reportedly Signs 3-Year Contract to Reunite with Pacers
- Arsenal vs Man City
- Stocks finish lower for session, higher for quarter
- Mylan Recalls 13 Lots Of EpiPen Over Potential Defect
- 'Itty Bitty' guard big in Bulldogs lore after UConn shocker
- The 'World's Strongest Coffee' is Now Available in the States
- Alex Rodriguez Breaks Silence on Jennifer Lopez; Are They Dating?
- One team in London? I respect all clubs - Conte responds to Wenger
- United Nations chief Antonio Guterres calls for protection of civilians in Iraq