There have been characters in TV shows like "L.A. Law" and "The Arc of Florida" says it's proud to see an iconic children's show feature a character on the autism spectrum. The show worked with several autism organizations to depict Julia in normal situations that children could easily understand.
She wishes Julia had been around years ago when he was "Sesame Street" age.
Julia makes her television debut next month which is also Autism Awareness Month.
Jeanette Betancourt, Sesame Workshop's senior VP of US social impact, said families of children with autism have asked the show to address the issue for years now.
CBS 58 was joined in the studio this afternoon by Emily Levine, the Executive Director at the Autism Society.Читайте также: Comey wanted to reveal Russian meddling months before election
E! shares that it was a long discussion on how to bring the character to life, and quotes Christine Ferrar's interview with 60 Minutes, stating: "It's tricky because autism is not one thing, because it is different for every single person who has autism".
Badesch said that it was obvious the committee "really wanted to get it right - and they got it right", with Julia's character. "They might not have been anxious when he cried".
"The thing Sesame Street has done so great over the years is to show the differences of all of us", said Jason.
The Arc of Florida says "Sesame Street" has had a number of diverse characters in its history, but this is the first time it's introduced one on the autism spectrum. Puppet designer Rollie Krewson told Stahl about the various details that went into creating the look of Julia, including a set of arms that can flap uncontrollably when Julia's overwhelmed. "I would like her to be just Julia". Gordon, however, said the parallels between her son and Julia are not exactly the same.
But maybe Julia said it best when Stahl asked if she was enjoying her new friends.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- White House eyeing $18 billion list of social program cuts
- The 'World's Strongest Coffee' is Now Available in the States
- Arsenal vs Man City
- Joss Whedon Nears Deal to Direct Standalone "BATGIRL" Film
- Carl's Jr. Ditches Sexy Ads In New Marketing Campaign
- Canadian ship involved in massive cocaine bust in international waters
- National Basketball Association roundup: Whiteside's tip-in lifts Heat past Pistons
- White House invites Congress investigation leaders to view documents
- Angela Merkel's party wins in regional bellwether vote
- Scarlett Johansson, more break out at 'Ghost in the Shell' premiere