Multiple Democratic leadership sources on Capitol Hill have been operating under the assumption that an O'Rourke Senate campaign is inevitable. "Congressman Beto O'Rourke has a big announcement to make on Friday".
O'Rourke said he speaks to Castro daily.
A Cruz spokesperson declined to comment on the announcement.
U.S. Rep. Joaquín Castro, D-San Antonio, also has been considering entering the Senate race and has promised a decision by the end of April. But an official from the Senate Republicans' campaign arm was quick to dismiss the challenge as not serious. "He plans to make his decision in the coming weeks".
The state is still firmly conservative, and Texas has not elected a Democrat statewide since 1994. The Houston Chronicle describes him as an "unabashed liberal who supports recreational marijuana" and is very lax on immigration. His father once was the El Paso County judge, and O'Rourke is a former member of the El Paso city council.
Willian wary of Brazil hype
The Selecao now top the South American qualifying table, with 33 points from 14 games played. "This is Brazil . With the result, Brazil kept its streak as the only nation that has taken part in each of the 21 World Cups.
Cruz, who was one of the last GOP candidates standing in the race to the White House, said he planned to run for re-election in May 2016.
Cruz, meanwhile, appears to be steadying his political ship after a rough post-presidential campaign stretch that included being booed off the stage at the Republican National Convention.
"It's pretty clear that running and losing a Senate race is a better option than circling the drain in the permanent Democratic minority in the House", Katie Martin, National Republican Senatorial Committee communications director, told CNN.
Democrats need to defend 25 seats in 2018, including 10 in states that President Trump carried in the 2016 election. O'Rourke has a knack for harnessing the Internet. An able campaigner, the Texas senator boosted his national prominence past year after finishing second in the crowded 2016 GOP presidential primary. Will Hurd (R-Texas) after an East Coast storm grounded all flights to Washington.
Earlier this month, Mr. O'Rourkegenerated favorable press riding shotgun with Rep.
- White House eyeing $18 billion list of social program cuts
- Scarlett Johansson, more break out at 'Ghost in the Shell' premiere
- National Basketball Association roundup: Whiteside's tip-in lifts Heat past Pistons
- White House invites Congress investigation leaders to view documents
- Canadian ship involved in massive cocaine bust in international waters
- Lance Stephenson Reportedly Signs 3-Year Contract to Reunite with Pacers
- Comey wanted to reveal Russian meddling months before election
- Where will Raiders play next season? Lawyers reviewing lease
- United Nations chief Antonio Guterres calls for protection of civilians in Iraq
- NBC Getting Rid Of Tape Delays For Olympics