The head of Bayern Munich's social media in America, Cristian Nyari, was in attendance for Wednesday afternoon's press conference, at which Schweini was unveiled, and he took note of some of the more. stupid questions that were aimed at the 2014 World Cup victor.
Schweinsteiger is expected to make his Chicago Fire debut against Montreal Impact this weekend.
"I can feel there is something going on and I want to help this club".
"I was preparing before I came here and, of course, I need some days more training but I feel I am ready whenever the coach needs me".
Schweinsteiger, a key member of Germany's 2014 World Cup-winning team, confirmed his move to MLS last week after struggling to find a role at Manchester United.
Canadian ship involved in massive cocaine bust in international waters
Drug smugglers in a speed boat throw bales of cocaine overboard after being spotted by a U.S. Coast Guard James, a cutter ship that saw its first action on the waters with this mission.
The midfielder didn't play a single second of Premier League football this season, featuring just four times in total, before completing a switch to Chicago Fire this week.
"It was not so easy because the decision was a bit late so I couldn't say a proper goodbye to the team", Schweinsteiger said. "I had a great time there, I enjoyed it there".
Fire fans will hope he can bring that same level of success to the Windy City, as the team hasn't won an MLS Cup since 1998. "Everyone wants to play next to Bastian".
Schweinsteiger looked confused, and despite the journalist from a Chicago news network repeating the same question, general manager Nelson Rodriguez had to clarify that as a club, they can not in fact win the World Cup.
Chicago Fire fans chanted Schweinsteiger's name as the World Cup Winner signed autographs and posed for pictures.
- White House eyeing $18 billion list of social program cuts
- Canada determined to diversify despite Keystone XL approval
- Amazon tests grocery pickup service in Seattle
- Destiny 2 Confirmed By Bungie With Lone Image
- III Apparel Group, Ltd. (GIII) Updates Q1 Earnings Guidance
- Truecaller starts caller id services for feature phones
- After Health Care Defeat, What's Next For Republicans?
- China bars prof from flying home to Sydney
- Danny Blind fired as coach of Dutch football team
- Republic of Ireland: O'Shea wishes Coleman a speedy recovery