NBC announced on Tuesday that it will air its primetime coverage of the 2018 Winter Olympics live across the USA for the first time since the Games became a must-watch TV event in the 1960s. NBC's coverage of the Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro averaged 25.4 million viewers over 17 nights last summer, a massive audience, but down 18 percent from the 2012 Games in London.
More details bout the programming for the 2018 Olympics will be revealed closer to the games, the spokesperson said. The network explained the decision to the New York Times.
"Obviously, this time the owners of the National Hockey League clubs are putting more commercial conditions to the IOC and the Olympic movement", Adams said.
NBCU has a separate $7.65 billion deal with the International Olympic Committee for USA rights through 2032. NBC used to broadcast the most intriguing competitions during USA primetime. The announcement was made today by Jim Bell, President, NBC Olympics Production & Programming.
Lowers Position in Ford Motor Company (F)
The institutional investor owned 74,454 shares of the auto manufacturer's stock after selling 56,805 shares during the period. If we look at stock performance in last active day trading, we see that stock has moved climbs 1.87% to end the day at $15.29.
For Rio, NBC closed most of its social deals right before the games, which didn't give them enough time to work with advertisers to maximize those partnerships.
Lovinger says NBC is looking at "8 figures" as a goal for its all social media advertising revenue. A dedicated BuzzFeed team on location in Pyeongchang will co-produce that content.
The "Our Stories" Olympics coverage on Snapchat will include behind-the-scenes and fan moments submitted by users on the ground in PyeongChang and curated by Snapchat.
For the first time ever at a Winter Olympics, all viewers in the United States will be able to watch NBC's coverage at the same time. An early proposed competition schedule released last fall had all of the figure skating events starting at 10 a.m. local time - or 8 p.m. ET the night before, flawless for NBC's marquee coverage window.
- Where will Raiders play next season? Lawyers reviewing lease
- Seahawks QB Boykin arrested after Dallas car crash
- Ford recalls 440K vehicles for fire risk, door latch trouble
- Canada determined to diversify despite Keystone XL approval
- Hazard wanted at Real Madrid
- Homemade slime gives girl 3rd-degree burns
- Canadian ship involved in massive cocaine bust in international waters
- Two rounds of potentially severe weather this week; the first is today
- Celebrate Earth Hour Saturday, March 25 at 8:30 Pm
- III Apparel Group, Ltd. (GIII) Updates Q1 Earnings Guidance