The Blues do not comment on what they regard as media speculation and rumour and declined to offer a response to that report.
However, Marca say denying Hazard the move last year saw Chelsea also give him an assurance they would negotiate with Real Madrid this year, a kind of peace "pact". Hazard's agent has apparently had positive talks with Madrid representatives but Chelsea also have their own demands.
24-year-old Courtois has once again excelled between the sticks after a tough season last time out, although that could be said of the majority of the Blues squad.
According to Marca's Jose Felix Diaz, Real approached the Blues previous year regarding Hazard, but the Belgian stayed put, with Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia assuring him they "wouldn't reject a future advance from Madrid out of hand".
China bars prof from flying home to Sydney
A Sydney-based Chinese academic will remain in China to face further questioning by secret police who have stopped him flying home to Australia.
If Madrid is able to sign the player, it will likely overshadow the £89 million Manchester United deal for Paul Pogba. Chelsea should therefore treat Real Madrid's interest as a compliment and as a welcome challenge to the club hierarchy to persuade their players that their future prospects would benefit from staying in London.
They state that Real have already made contact with Hazard's representatives and they do not see the presence of Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo as a hindrance to Hazard's position in their team.
Yes, 2015-16 was a campaign to forget for the Belgian, but that was the case for many of his teammates and Chelsea as a whole.
Chelsea are determined to hold on to their best player and have been preparing a new contract for him in order to persuade him to stay at Stamford Bridge. With Conte at the helm, Chelsea are one of the best clubs for a world-class player to continue to develop and win silverware.
- Attorney General Sessions urges Maryland not to become sanctuary state
- Google Releases Android O; Here's Everything You Need To Know
- Iran sanctions 15 USA companies over alleged backing of Israeli 'atrocities'
- III Apparel Group, Ltd. (GIII) Updates Q1 Earnings Guidance
- Homemade slime gives girl 3rd-degree burns
- Google plans to revamp its ad policies
- Where does the House Freedom Caucus go from from here?
- Trump earned $153M and paid $36.5M in taxes in 2005
- Israel vows to prevent Hezbollah from obtaining advanced weapons
- Possible 'Smoking Gun' Shows Obama Admin. Spied on Trump Team