The Jets are reportedly on the verge of landing some much-needed cornerback help.
He is expected to travel to Baltimore next week to sign his contract after passing a mandatory physical exam. Finding a cornerback was a top priority for the Ravens this offseason.
Brandon Carr signed a four-year deal with Baltimore, the organization announced.
Airlines expect to cancel thousands of flights due to snowstorm
But the worst weather-related problems were expected at airports serving New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Boston and Baltimore. Although there were only two cancellations this morning, many more are expected as snow continues its path across the northeast.
A first-round selection by Dallas in 2012 (No. 6 overall), it's safe to say Claiborne never lived up to expectations during his tenure with the Cowboys.
Claiborne has battled injuries throughout his pro career, including last season when a groin injury caused him to miss the final nine games of the regular season. Claiborne has never played a full 16 games and has not played in more than 11 games since his rookie season. New York's thin cornerback corps include Buster Skrine, Marcus Williams, Darryl Roberts and Juston Burris. He turned 27 just last month, and could be a part of the Jets' long-term future.
For the season, he finished with 26 tackles, an interception, a fumble return and five pass deflections in seven games.
- GoPro slices almost 300 jobs, third job cut since 2016
- Liverpool and Birmingham battle to host Commonwealth Games 2022
- Updated WWE WrestleMania 33 card after March 14 SmackDown Live
- Suspect arrested after intrusion into White House grounds
- Nebraska unemployment rate remains unchanged for January
- Cheerios sends out 100 million free wildflower seeds to boost bee population
- The Flash Exclusive: Barry Reunites with Eddie Thawne (Kind Of)
- Kim Kardashian West opens up about gunpoint Paris robbery
- Mobile scrambles as 911 outage leaves two dead in Texas
- Taiwan's Taoyuan airport named as having best airport staff