An outside linebacker in Green Bay's 3-4 front last season, Jones shed weight last summer to move from defensive end.
The contract is for one year and is worth $3.75 million with a chance to be as high as $5 million, according to Mike Garafolo.
The Packers previously declined their fifth-year option on Jones that is built into every first-round pick's contract.
After visits with Buffalo and Pittsburgh, free-agent outside linebacker Jayrone Elliott made a decision to return to the Green Bay Packers.
Elliot missed five games this past season but led the Packers in special teams tackles.
NCAA Tournament Bracket Is Set
If so, will Wake Forest be playing in Dayton? This Cincinnati team is one tough squad and has the talent to be Sweet 16 bound. The victor will be the No. 11 seed in the South Region, advancing to play No. 6 Cincinnati on Friday in Sacramento, Calif.
House agreed to the deal while on a free agent visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers, per NFL Network.
The Vikings already have Everson Griffen, Brian Robison and Danielle Hunter at defensive end, but reserve defensive end Justin Trattou is a free agent.
He played in 59 games, including seven starts, and totaled 80 tackles (58 solo), 9.0 sacks, seven passes defended, an interception and two fumble recoveries.
Jones has played both outside linebacker and defensive end throughout his time in the league, which should bode well for his transition from Green Bay to Minnesota.
- Airlines expect to cancel thousands of flights due to snowstorm
- Liverpool and Birmingham battle to host Commonwealth Games 2022
- Surgery helps world's heaviest woman shed weight
- Turkish shop owner sues Dutch king over ministers block
- Oil Price Plunge Leads to Falling Gas Prices
- Let the Madness Begin!… NCAA Tourney is Here
- It's nearly time to change clocks, batteries in smoke and CO detectors
- Pope Francis considers allowing married men to become priests
- Another threat at Whitefish Bay Jewish Community Center
- Suspect arrested after intrusion into White House grounds