An outside linebacker in Green Bay's 3-4 front last season, Jones shed weight last summer to move from defensive end.
The contract is for one year and is worth $3.75 million with a chance to be as high as $5 million, according to Mike Garafolo.
The Packers previously declined their fifth-year option on Jones that is built into every first-round pick's contract.
After visits with Buffalo and Pittsburgh, free-agent outside linebacker Jayrone Elliott made a decision to return to the Green Bay Packers.
Elliot missed five games this past season but led the Packers in special teams tackles.
Alshon Jeffery pens goodbye to Chicago, Bears in Players' Tribune letter
The Philadelphia Eagles signed wide receiver Alshon Jeffery , formerly of the Chicago Bears, to a one-year, $14 million contract. In 2014, he caught 85 for 1133 yards and 10 touchdowns. "I think I wore that number in Chicago, I'm gonna leave that in Chicago".
House agreed to the deal while on a free agent visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers, per NFL Network.
The Vikings already have Everson Griffen, Brian Robison and Danielle Hunter at defensive end, but reserve defensive end Justin Trattou is a free agent.
He played in 59 games, including seven starts, and totaled 80 tackles (58 solo), 9.0 sacks, seven passes defended, an interception and two fumble recoveries.
Jones has played both outside linebacker and defensive end throughout his time in the league, which should bode well for his transition from Green Bay to Minnesota.
- Airlines expect to cancel thousands of flights due to snowstorm
- Carolina Panthers trade Kony Ealy to New England Patriots
- Starbucks' new cups for spring are here to brighten up your day
- Jaguars sign former Texans cornerback and UCF alum AJ Bouye
- Bottled Water More Popular in the US Than Soda Pop
- US Attorney for the District of New Mexico Damon Martinez Resigns
- Sidney Jones Suffers Leg Injury At Washington's Pro Day
- Big Ten Championship Pick: Will Michigan stay hot vs. Wisconsin? 3/12/17
- Let the Madness Begin!… NCAA Tourney is Here
- PSG win cost Barcelona at Depor, concedes Luis Enrique