Flights to or from Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, New York City, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Newark, Toronto and Philadelphia were among those canceled. The airline is making every effort to contact and reaccommodate customers on all cancelled flights.
Although there were only two cancellations this morning, many more are expected as snow continues its path across the northeast.
American Airlines, United Airlines and Southwest Airlines have shut down all Tuesday flight operations in and out of New York City airports. Poor weather could extend into early Wednesday at some New England airports.
But the worst weather-related problems were expected at airports serving New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Boston and Baltimore.
A major winter storm is bearing down on the Northeast and promises to shut down transportation throughout the region on Tuesday. "Each airline has an app and they'll usually send you text alerts whenever there's a change in your flight".
Bottled Water More Popular in the US Than Soda Pop
While annual per capita consumption of bottled water reached 39.3 gallons, carbonated soft drinks slipped to 38.5 gallons.
Cancellations were spilling into Wednesday, too.
Trenton Mercer Airport also reported most of its incoming and outgoing flights were cancelled.
Dozens of flights at Central Florida airports have been canceled or delayed as a potentially risky winter storm slams the Northeast. However, DIA officials tweeted that about 95 flights were affected locally. FlightAware reports that about 1,330 flights have already been cancelled for tomorrow, and that number rises on every refresh.
Fortunately, airlines have already waived change fees for customers traveling in the storm's path.
Passengers on a stopover in Houston from Guadalajara were affected by the cancellation of United Airlines flights 704 and 1501, scheduled at 10:53 and 11:49 hours.
- Starbucks' new cups for spring are here to brighten up your day
- Big Ten Championship Pick: Will Michigan stay hot vs. Wisconsin? 3/12/17
- Packers will sign CB Davon House to one-year contract, per report
- Let the Madness Begin!… NCAA Tourney is Here
- It's nearly time to change clocks, batteries in smoke and CO detectors
- US Attorney for the District of New Mexico Damon Martinez Resigns
- Netanyahu Congratulates Mobil-Eye on Largest Deal in Israeli History
- South Korea's president ousted, headed for prosecution
- Oil Price Plunge Leads to Falling Gas Prices
- Pope Francis considers allowing married men to become priests