A gas price war in Houston's south side dropped prices to 78 cents on Sunday. "The ability of US oil producers to offset OPEC cuts is a wildcard that could benefit motorists by limiting the typical lofty increase in fuel prices".
For the first since time November, crude oil prices traded under $50 per barrel.
That's mostly because refineries across the nation are preparing to undergo seasonal maintenance to produce cleaner-burning gasoline for the summer.
Locally, Houston-area prices are higher than the nearly historically cheap $1.75 a gallon average in March of past year, but still lower than $2.23 in 2015, $3.21 in 2014, $3.52 in 2013 and $3.74 in 2012.
When oil prices take this kind of beating, DeHaan said, one might expect gas prices to move in lockstep.
The overall drop in oil prices last week was glaring: for the first since time November, crude oil prices traded under $50 per barrel, almost a 10% week on week decline in price.
Exit polls in India hint at victory for premier's party
The ABP-CSDS has predicted a hung assembly in Uttar Pradesh with the Bharatiya Janata Party emerging as the single largest party. Congress, on the other hand, may get 10-15 seats while AAP may get restricted to only four seats despite a forceful campaign.
"Man: "The cheapest bottle of water is 99 cents and our one gallon of gas is 79 cents a gallon". The supervisor at this station said they dropped their prices because a competitor across the street kept lowering theirs.
The Florida average was $2.274 on Monday, down from $2.288 a month ago and flat with a week ago.
"The annual spring rally at the pump could be less severe than expected", said Patrick DeHaan, a Gasbuddy senior petroleum analyst. Previous year at this time it was averaging $1.851.
Nearby, drivers in Pinellas County were paying an average of $2.13, with those in Hillsborough slightly higher at $2.15. At this time in 2016, the state average was $1.912.
All the day's important news keeping you up to date wherever you are.
- Jaguars sign former Texans cornerback and UCF alum AJ Bouye
- Wenger adamant his "preference" is to stay at Arsenal
- Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Sees Large Outflow of Money
- Pope Francis considers allowing married men to become priests
- Taylor Swift Granted Order of Protection Against Alleged Stalker
- Carolina Panthers trade Kony Ealy to New England Patriots
- US Attorney for the District of New Mexico Damon Martinez Resigns
- PSG win cost Barcelona at Depor, concedes Luis Enrique
- It's nearly time to change clocks, batteries in smoke and CO detectors
- Sidney Jones Suffers Leg Injury At Washington's Pro Day