BEACHWOOD, Ohio- The Beachwood Police Department is investigating a bomb threat at the Mandel Jewish Community Center.
JCC Director Eldad Goldfarb said they received an email around 9 a.m. that stated there was a bomb in the building.
Late last month, ADL issued a security advisory for Jewish centers across the USA and Canada following the fifth wave of bomb threats, and offered resources explaining best practices for organizations that do receive threats.
A statement was given by Whitefish Bay Jewish Community Center official Jay Hodin, who called the repeated threats a "major inconvenience" to those who frequent the facility, going on to say that synagogue-goers often feel these types of threats are false alarms. To date, the threats have turned up nothing.
The umbrella organization is changing its emergency protocol, specifically how it alerts Jewish schools, synagogues and seniors' centres in the event of a bomb threat or other unsafe situations.
Alshon Jeffery pens goodbye to Chicago, Bears in Players' Tribune letter
The Philadelphia Eagles signed wide receiver Alshon Jeffery , formerly of the Chicago Bears, to a one-year, $14 million contract. In 2014, he caught 85 for 1133 yards and 10 touchdowns. "I think I wore that number in Chicago, I'm gonna leave that in Chicago".
The Mandel JCC instituted its emergency protocols Sunday after it received the threat.
It was the second time in the last week that threats have been received by some of these JCCS.
The Jewish Community Center in Brighton was evacuated Sunday while authorities investigated. They found nothing suspicious in this incident either.
Earlier in March, U.S. Jewish groups hailed President Donald Trump's condemnation of anti-Semitism in opening remarks to his first address to Congress, Breitbart Jerusalem reported. An officer discovered the spray-painted message on an exterior wall of Temple De Hirsch Sinai. KING reported the temple made a decision to keep the graffiti uncovered so people could see what happened. Police did not have any updates on their investigation, Monday. Founded in 1899, the temple has the largest Reform congregation in the Pacific Northwest.
- Aircraft lessors not keen on Boeing's planned 737 jet
- Jaguars sign former Texans cornerback and UCF alum AJ Bouye
- Best stocks of the day: American Airlines Group Inc. (AAL)
- High winds leave nearly 20000 without power
- Oil Price Plunge Leads to Falling Gas Prices
- Tusk seen gathering 'overwhelming support' for top European Union job
- Exit polls in India hint at victory for premier's party
- Wenger adamant his "preference" is to stay at Arsenal
- South Korea's president ousted, headed for prosecution
- Carolina Panthers trade Kony Ealy to New England Patriots