BEACHWOOD, Ohio- The Beachwood Police Department is investigating a bomb threat at the Mandel Jewish Community Center.
JCC Director Eldad Goldfarb said they received an email around 9 a.m. that stated there was a bomb in the building.
Late last month, ADL issued a security advisory for Jewish centers across the USA and Canada following the fifth wave of bomb threats, and offered resources explaining best practices for organizations that do receive threats.
A statement was given by Whitefish Bay Jewish Community Center official Jay Hodin, who called the repeated threats a "major inconvenience" to those who frequent the facility, going on to say that synagogue-goers often feel these types of threats are false alarms. To date, the threats have turned up nothing.
The umbrella organization is changing its emergency protocol, specifically how it alerts Jewish schools, synagogues and seniors' centres in the event of a bomb threat or other unsafe situations.
PSG win cost Barcelona at Depor, concedes Luis Enrique
Arda Turan, Denis Suarez, Andre Gomes - three players you don't generally see starting for Barcelona , and today showed why. But the warning wasn't heeded as centre-back Alex Bergantinos headed into the bottom corner from the resulting set piece.
The Mandel JCC instituted its emergency protocols Sunday after it received the threat.
It was the second time in the last week that threats have been received by some of these JCCS.
The Jewish Community Center in Brighton was evacuated Sunday while authorities investigated. They found nothing suspicious in this incident either.
Earlier in March, U.S. Jewish groups hailed President Donald Trump's condemnation of anti-Semitism in opening remarks to his first address to Congress, Breitbart Jerusalem reported. An officer discovered the spray-painted message on an exterior wall of Temple De Hirsch Sinai. KING reported the temple made a decision to keep the graffiti uncovered so people could see what happened. Police did not have any updates on their investigation, Monday. Founded in 1899, the temple has the largest Reform congregation in the Pacific Northwest.
- South Korea's president ousted, headed for prosecution
- Oil Price Plunge Leads to Falling Gas Prices
- US Attorney for the District of New Mexico Damon Martinez Resigns
- Starbucks' new cups for spring are here to brighten up your day
- Alshon Jeffery pens goodbye to Chicago, Bears in Players' Tribune letter
- Best stocks of the day: American Airlines Group Inc. (AAL)
- Trump, Merkel meeting postponed due to weather
- Exit polls in India hint at victory for premier's party
- NCAA Tournament Bracket Is Set
- Bottled Water More Popular in the US Than Soda Pop