Barcelona were in danger of being toppled from the top of La Liga standings on Sunday after they suffered a shock 2-1 defeat at Deportivo La Coruna.
Barcelona, who made five changes from the PSG triumph, did not threaten until Luis Suarez poorly sent a free header into the arms of German Lux after latching on to Lionel Messi's free-kick just before the half-hour mark.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos struck another late victor as the European champions usurped Barcelona at the top of La Liga with a hard-fought 2-1 win over Real Betis on Sunday.
The loss keeps Barca on 60 points from 27 matches. "There's still a long way to go and we'll have chances to win it".
Javier Mascherano failed to clear from a goalmouth scramble and, rather than pick the ball up, Marc-Andre Ter Stegen simply pushed it into the path of Joselu.
But despite what Barca's quick restart might have suggested, the goal onslaught the away team desired didn't materialise, and Mel's men were able to gather their thoughts and once again hold their foes at bay.
Man with axe 'injures several in Dusseldorf train station rampage'
German newspaper Bild reported that a suspect has been arrested in connection with the attack. Emergency vehicles filed through Konrad Adenauer square outside the station entrance.
Faycal Fajr then shifted past Denis at the far post from a whipped cross, but his shot was deflected just over by the Barca midfielder.
Arda Turan, Denis Suarez, Andre Gomes - three players you don't generally see starting for Barcelona, and today showed why.
But the warning wasn't heeded as centre-back Alex Bergantinos headed into the bottom corner from the resulting set piece.
Among other stats, it's the first time Barcelona have lost a match in which Luis Suarez scored.
The last time both sides met at Riazor saw Barca destroy Depor 8-0, but they looked passive and jaded at the best of times on this occasion, most likely due to their miraculous turnaround of just a few days ago.
- Six of Deportivo's last nine goals in LaLiga have been headers, which equates to a league-high 32 per cent of their total haul this season.
- Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Sees Large Outflow of Money
- Big Ten Championship Pick: Will Michigan stay hot vs. Wisconsin? 3/12/17
- Wenger adamant his "preference" is to stay at Arsenal
- RadioShack says failed Sprint deal led to bankruptcy filing
- Crazy Couples Rumor: Is Jennifer Lopez Dating Alex Rodriguez?
- Carolina Panthers trade Kony Ealy to New England Patriots
- Surgery helps world's heaviest woman shed weight
- Aircraft lessors not keen on Boeing's planned 737 jet
- US Attorney for the District of New Mexico Damon Martinez Resigns
- SAP to offer its business apps on Google Cloud