Working smoke alarms are required by law on every storey of homes, and outside all sleeping areas, the service said.
"Saving your life can be as simple as changing your smoke alarm batteries once a year and replacing smoke alarms every seven to 10 years", says Pete Johnson, president of Local 101. Installing a smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm that works 24 hours will greatly increase you chances of survival. The program is aimed at reducing the number of deaths and injuries caused by home fires by as much as 25 percent over five years.
Also, it's a good time to check the batteries in your home's smoke detectors.
OR law requires ionization-only smoke alarms that are exclusively battery powered to come equipped with a hush feature and a 10-year battery.
Use the smoke alarm's hush feature to silence nuisance alarms. He added, "Take a few minutes to protect those you love by changing the batteries in your smoke alarms this weekend".Читайте также: Crazy Couples Rumor: Is Jennifer Lopez Dating Alex Rodriguez?
Essentially, there are three different types of smoke alarms: ionization, photoelectric, and dual sensor. Because of this technology, the national slogan "Change your clock, Change your battery" may not apply to OR residents who have these ionization-only smoke alarms.
- Replace the smoke alarm immediately if it doesn't respond properly when tested.
Home owners are legally required to have smoke alarms on every storey of their home and outside of all sleeping areas.
"We wanted to get people informed to check smoke alarms in their houses". Additionally, develop an escape plan with your family or housemates with two ways out of each room. A licensed electrician can install hard-wired multiple-station alarms, or homeowners can install wireless alarms, which manufacturers have more recently begun producing.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- South Korean court to rule on president's impeachment over corruption charges
- SAP to offer its business apps on Google Cloud
- Boost for chancellor as OECD revises up growth
- RadioShack says failed Sprint deal led to bankruptcy filing
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (NYSE:DKS) Quarterly EPS Forecast At $1.3
- Jaguars sign former Texans cornerback and UCF alum AJ Bouye
- What TSA's New 'Intimate' Pat-downs Will Mean for Travelers
- Arsene Wenger denies falling out with Alexis Sanchez
- Turkey, Russia, US army chiefs discuss anti-ISIL steps
- Korea to stop importing eggs from USA on bird flu outbreak